Weekly Conference Call


(Matthew Vita) #301

@robert.down Do you mind running the meeting this coming Saturday? Also, there were some questions about OEMR’s structure so I made that a line item :).


(Matthew Vita) #302

Summary of the 01/27/18 conference call

Attendees

Matthew, Asher, Brady, Robert, Duc, Dani, John, Brahim (forgive me if I missed anyone)

Summary of Discussion

(We followed the agenda exactly… see above post)


(Matthew Vita) #303

Agenda for Feb. 3rd 2018 call:

@robert.down to run the meeting

  • Chatting / new caller introductions (8m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates (10m)
    • MedEx
    • Bootstrap UI
    • PHP 7.1
    • cTAKES
    • FHIR
    • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates (2m)
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates (2m)
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates (2m)
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources (3m)
  • John’s AWS Cloud packages updates (10m)
  • Duc’s OpenEMR Sustainability updates (10m)
    • New business
    • Recruiting updates
    • OpenEMR Cloud Standard Press Release
    • Previous Donor Analysis
  • Everything else / new topics (10m)

(Matthew Vita) #304

Agenda for Feb. 10th 2018 call:

@MatthewVita to run the meeting

  • Chatting / new caller introductions (8m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates (10m)
    • MedEx
    • Bootstrap UI
    • PHP 7.1
    • cTAKES
    • FHIR
    • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates (2m)
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates (2m)
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates (2m)
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources (3m)
  • John’s AWS Cloud packages updates (10m)
  • Duc’s OpenEMR Sustainability updates (10m)
    • New business
    • Recruiting updates
    • OpenEMR Cloud Standard Press Release
    • Previous Donor Analysis
  • Everything else / new topics (10m)

(Matthew Vita) #305

Summary of the 02/10/18 conference call

Attendees

Matthew, John, Stephen, Joyce

Summary of Discussion

We talked about overall sustainability, MACRA/MIPS, and charitable missions for a good two hours!


(Matthew Vita) #306

Agenda for Feb. 17th 2018 call:

@MatthewVita to run the meeting

  • Chatting / new caller introductions (8m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates (10m)
    • MedEx
    • Bootstrap UI
    • PHP 7.1
    • cTAKES
    • FHIR
    • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates (2m)
  • Daniel’s cloud SMTP project updates (2m)
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates (2m)
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates (2m)
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources (3m)
  • John’s AWS Cloud packages updates (10m)
  • Duc’s OpenEMR Sustainability updates (10m)
  • Everything else / new topics (10m)

(Matthew Vita) #307

Summary of the 02/17/18 conference call

Attendees

Matthew, Brady, Duc, Dani, John, Jit, Daniel (forgive me if I missed anyone)

Summary of Discussion

  • Jit’s questions around HL7 integration
  • PACS project will launch as a patch update
  • Daniel gave up on the cloud SMTP project
  • Dani’s update on UI/UX research he conducted
  • John’s update on OpenEMR Cloud
  • Duc’s OpenEMR Sustainability updates
  • Large discussion of OpenEMR Foundation

(Matthew Vita) #308

Agenda for Feb. 24th 2018 call:

@brady.miller to run the meeting

  • Chatting / new caller introductions (8m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.0 patch 8 release updates (2m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates (10m)
    • MedEx
    • Bootstrap UI
    • PHP 7.1
    • cTAKES
    • FHIR
  • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates (2m)
  • Daniel’s cloud SMTP project updates (2m)
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates (2m)
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates (2m)
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources (3m)
  • John’s AWS Cloud packages updates (10m)
  • Duc’s OpenEMR Sustainability updates (10m)
  • Everything else / new topics (10m)

(Matthew Vita) #309

Summary of the 02/24/18 conference call

Attendees

Matthew, John, Joyce

Summary of Discussion

Grants.


(Brady Miller) #310

Agenda for March 3rd 2018 call:

@brady.miller to run the meeting

  • Chatting / new caller introductions (8m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.0 patch 8 release updates (2m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates (10m)
    • MedEx
    • Bootstrap UI
    • PHP 7.1
    • cTAKES
    • FHIR
  • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates (2m)
  • Daniel’s cloud SMTP project updates (2m)
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates (2m)
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates (2m)
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources (3m)
  • John’s AWS Cloud packages updates (10m)
  • Duc’s OpenEMR Sustainability updates (10m)
  • Everything else / new topics (10m)

(Brady Miller) #311

Summary of the 03/03/18 conference call

Attendees

Brady, Jake, John

Summary of Discussion

  1. Cloud
  2. Inpatient

Call was about 1 hour.


(Matthew Vita) #312

Agenda for March 10th 2018 call:

@MatthewVita to run the meeting

  • Chatting / new caller introductions (8m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.0 patch 8 release updates (2m)
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates (10m)
  • 5.0.1 Milestone · GitHub
  • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates (2m)
  • Daniel’s cloud SMTP project updates (2m)
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates (2m)
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates (2m) **
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources (3m)
  • John’s AWS Cloud packages updates (10m)
  • Duc’s OpenEMR Sustainability updates (10m)
  • Everything else / new topics (10m)

** Ira, a new UI/UX volunteer, will be joining this effort!


(Matthew Vita) #313

Summary of the 03/10/18 conference call

Attendees

Jake, John, Matthew, Ira, Brady, Joyce

Firstly, I must note that I was more scatterbrained than usual on the call today (didn’t sleep much last night). Apologizes for that!

Summary

  • Chatting / new caller introductions
    • Joyce got through the first video of the Unix Workbench (recommended prerequisite training for OpenEMR Cloud users)
  • Ira introduced himself to the group. Welcome @irakojf !
  • OpenEMR 5.0.0 patch 8 release updates / PACS project updates
    • Matthew to assess if integrating viewer in the 5.0.0 patch branch is worth the difficulty vs releasing the software as part of the upcoming 5.0.1 release
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates
    • MedEx, Bootstrap UI, PHP 7.1 are complete
    • Beginnings of FHIR in OpenEMR are almost complete (Woo @sjpadgett!)
    • cTAKES and ongoing FHIR work will ship in a future release
    • Brady to create GDoc for the marketing information around the release
  • Demo Data
    • Discussion around FHIR as the means of importing demo data
    • Matthew talked about the relationship he is creating with the Synthea project team (I helped author a Wikipedia article for them but it was rejected because there’s not enough scientific notability to the project yet)
    • John and Matthew to reach out to the Synthea project team to get their thoughts on collaborating on the NAMCS -> FHIR project
  • Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates
    • Matthew has had time to kick off the testing phase
    • John doing marketing work around this
    • Matthew to send John the original project description
  • Daniel’s cloud SMTP project updates
    • This is a work in progress
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates
  • Low Resource Practice Fusion Users
    • Discussion was on how to handle marketing OpenEMR to low resource PF users who are migrating away from the system due to a new prohibitive pricing model
    • After a brief debate, we all concluded we should take advantage of this situation so as to help low resource users that can’t afford the PF plan. The output will be some social media posts linking to a landing page on our wiki explaining our system, how to use the data migration tools, and support vendors. A link to an article on PF’s recent changes will be provided for context.
  • John’s OpenEMR Cloud updates
    • Cloud Standard almost officially live on AWS Marketplace (woo, John!)
    • We are aiming to implement our solution on GCP due to a lot of benefits such as HIPAA eligibility and good alliances with Google (woo, @jesdynf!)
    • Brady mentioned Microsoft’s cloud could be next
  • Jake’s Notes on Inpatient Development
    • Jake talked about his company’s ongoing work in PF data migration and the smart decision they are making to use/improve OpenEMR so they can depend on it for production deployments instead of a vendor.
    • His company is working on crafting a project plan that will crossover with our inpatient project goals. They may possibly provide financial and quality assurance sponsorship for inpatient work.
  • New Topic: OpenEMR Foundation
    • Great team work
    • John is exploring a strategic alignment with Tech Soup
    • John recommends the entire group to review the major articles on Tech Soup before next call
    • John to research if we should go through LegalZoom or the reps. In Delaware
    • Duc to research if finding a grant expert from SBA SCORE would be beneficial
    • Ongoing work happening in the chat room

(Brady Miller) #314

Agenda for March 24th 2018 call:

  • Chatting / new caller introductions
  • OpenEMR 5.0.0 patch 8 release updates
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates
  • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates
  • Daniel’s cloud SMTP project updates
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates
  • PF updates
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources
  • John’s Cloud updates
  • Inpatient updates
  • Sustainability updates
  • OpenEMR Foundation updates
  • Everything else / new topics

(Brady Miller) #315

Attendees

Brady, Jake, John

Summary

  • Discussed Inpatient, FHIR, European privacy laws, Practice Fusion, Data Migrations, and Marketing.

(Matthew Vita) #316

Agenda for April 7th 2018 call:

  • Chatting / new caller introductions
  • OpenEMR 5.0.0 patch 8 release updates
  • OpenEMR 5.0.1 release updates
  • Demo data
  • Matthew’s Remote Patient Vitals Module project updates
  • Daniel’s cloud SMTP project updates
  • Matthew’s PACS project updates
  • Dani’s UI/UX updates
  • PF updates
  • Joyce/Brady’s OpenEMR EDU/OpenEMR instructional videos and resources
  • John’s Cloud updates
  • Inpatient updates
  • Sustainability updates
  • OpenEMR Foundation updates
  • Everything else / new topics

I will be running the meeting.


(Matthew Vita) #317

Attendees

Matthew, Rachel, Dani, Asher, Robert, Jake, Jit, John, Stephen (apologies if I missed anyone)

Summary

(I didn’t take notes during the meeting so I will most likely miss things here, sorry)

  • Welcomed Rachel!
  • Talked about OpenEMR 5.0.0 patch 8
  • Need an update from Brady on where the OpenEMR 5.0.1 release is at and what help is needed - seems like we need to make sure the cloud versions/dockers are set and working?
  • Matthew overviewed RPVM basics, John talked about an Android version and Brazil progress, Dani mentioned Plibo
  • Dani and Robert overviewed the plans and progress on the UX/UI project - Rachel chimed in with her interest
  • Jake talked about his PF migrations as related to OpenEMR
  • Matthew mentioned he’s giving a free OpenEMR Technology course if anyone is interested
  • Asher gave OpenEMR Cloud and Docker status updates, John gave an update on all things AWS/OpenEMR
  • Jit / Asher / Matthew discussed a certificate issue Jit is having - will follow up through email/chat
  • Ran out of time - the group agreed that marketing will be a big topic for next time since we didn’t get to it this time - Please check out / share Robert’s awesome World Health Day OpenEMR content: https://twitter.com/OpenEMR/status/982591820927569921

(Daniel Sandoval) #318

Attendees

Dani, Robert

Summary

Robert and Dani talked about modularizing interface elements, existing code paths and functions, and the future of documentation.


(Matthew Vita) #319

Agenda for April 28th 2018 call:

  1. Chatting / new caller introductions
  2. Brief pat on the back for 5.0.1 release
  3. Matthew/Robert/Dani OpenEMR EDU landing page sync
  4. Daniel E’s security findings
  5. Victor’s PAC project update
  6. Dani’s UI/UX updates
  7. Asher’s Cloud updates
  8. Matthew’s Non-profit Strategy updates
  9. Robert’s Foundation updates
  10. Everything else / new topics

(Matthew Vita) #320

Summary of call.

Attendees: Asher, Dani, Matthew, Daniel E, Daniel Onley (new!)

TODO(matthew) write notes