Using the Signature Pad in Custom Forms Example

I suggest to all when designing LBF especially long forms, don’t set required fields until after your form is working. Then go back and add.
Tedious to fill the form to meet validation in order to save.
Also in Layouts Editor you can render in the Encounter Preview for those that don’t know about the feature.

1 Like

I’m sorry @J_R I don’t understand why your instance will not show the signature in PDF Print LBF!

Is the print report using the browser print dialog?
Have you tried different browser?

My opinion is the browser is the problem. Like FF used to have a check box you had to tick to show image’s in background. Perhaps that is the cause and maybe give a screenshot of report as seen in browser.

1 Like

I will try different browsers

I have tried on numerous devices and browsers, to no avail. Could it be something to do with the version of mpdf? Is this part of the OpenEmr install or on the server itself? I was wondering if upgrading might fix it. As it appears to be in my environment.

No the version 8.1.1 is what we build for our production environment. However it works on demo so we need to figure out a plan of attack. Right now without access to your instance I don’t know how to approach.

We are not on a multi site and testing on the default site, correct?

Hi Jerry. I am on a multi site and the test is the multi site. But Eureka! I fixed it!!!

I installed composer require mpdf/mpdf v8.1.4

Bingo it works. Thank you so much for taking time out for me a novice here to head butt and get to it. Going to bed happy tonight.

Interesting. Demo is on version 8.1.1 and works. Are you working from dev master and building the source from command line?

I bet if you reverted to the 8.1.1 version now then it will work for you. When you ae able, so I can be definitive for the fix, would you do that revert to 8.1.1
Also perhaps it’s a PHP version issue like you’re on PHP 8.2 where 8.1.1 support up to PHP 8.1

Good morning! I am on PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.9 (cli) (built: Oct 19 2022 14:58:09) (NTS)
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.1.2, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v8.1.2-1ubuntu2.9, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

With pleasure I reverted to mpdf/mpdf v8.1.1 and all is well still. It really was you sugesting that it was a pdf rendering issue in the browser that started me looking at a more systemic issue. Just goes to show how two heads are better than one or as I say to my team ‘Two half wits = 1 wit’ hope that translates to US English!

I am going to build a new VM as soon as I can and I will go through this test out of the box, I don’t want to get back to this problem again. Once again, a big thank you for helping me in the midst of your very busy workload.

This fix will make a huge difference to our fledgling practice and as our nurse said yesterday, these forms will save us many, many hours and more imprortanly reduce the risk of double entry errors working in the way we do between different clinics, hospitals and practitioners.

2 Likes