Users added in version 6.0 U4 show up in Insurance Numbers and under the Calendar as providers

I find that when I add Users in version 6.0 U4 these users show up in Insurance Numbers and under the Calendar as Providers.

For example, when adding users I go to Administration → Users, Add user, I enter the info, name etc.

In the section Provider: Calendar: Portal: , I can’t tick Calendar: Portal: without ticking Provider. You are forced to tick Provider.

How do you add a user so that they do not show up as a provider and show up in Insurance Numbers in Administration → Practice → Practice settings?

hi @LMoonsammy , you can look at the code to give you some idea, either make the user authorized in the db or change the sql select.

Hello Stephen:

Thank you for your reply. I do not understand the code you’re referring to (where I can find it) and what I should be doing.

Leonard

Hi @LMoonsammy , it’s the file library/classes/Provider.class.php, if you follow the above link and change that line to

$sql = "SELECT id FROM "  . $this->_table . "  " . $sort;

it would list every user who has a username on that page. Or you can go into the db which takes some expertise to individually authorize a certain user.

Hi Stephen:

I did what you said but Users still showed up in Administration → Practice → Practice Settings → Insurance Numbers and in Providers under the Calendar.

Or is this how it is supposed to work? If so how do I create create users who are not providers (doctors)?

Thanks.

Leonard

Oh, of course, you have to change just the code then and leave them as unauthorized in the db. :sweat_smile:

“you have to change just the code then and leave them as unauthorized in the db.” Again how do I do that?

Sorry to bother you again.

Thanks for your help.

Leonard

hi @LMoonsammy, edit the file, library/classes/Provider.class.php, on your web server as noted above

Thank you for helping me.

1 Like

The assumption is that if you want to have the user have office hours, then that user must be a provider. In that sense, it happens by design.

I may not be understanding your concern. If so, I do apologize in advance.

1 Like

We have different people who will use OpenEMR:
Doctors
Nurses
Receptionist
Accountants
Business managers
IT persons.

Now we don’t want all these persons listed under the calendar as providers except the doctors. And we don’t also want them to show up in Insurance numbers.

You see whenever I add a user he shows up under the Calendar and in insunance numbers. This is my problem.

hi @LMoonsammy , ok when you add a user don’t check calendar unless you want the user to be a doctor and have office hours as @gutiersa states.

Are you able to uncheck the provider/calendar box? You should be able to remove the check mark.
In the demo, this is what I see upon clicking the add new user button (ie the + sign in the Admin → Users screen):

Just be sure that the provider, calendar boxes are unchecked. If you want to check out the demos, go here:

Hi, you can’t check Calendar without selecting Provider.

But why do you want someone to have appointments if not a provider?

Hi Sandra,

These users in the clinic need to log on to OpenEMR. This includes doctors, nurses, receptionist, office manager or IT. So when I add these users they show up as providers under Calendar.

This is what Sephen suggested:
"[edit] the file library/classes/Provider.class.php, … change that line to

$sql = "SELECT id FROM "  . $this->_table . "  " . $sort;

it would list every user who has a username on that page. Or you can go into the db which takes some expertise to individually authorize a certain user."

So I went to the Users Table in the OpenEMR database and edited each user “authorized” from 1 to 0.

So now I can uncheck Provider and the users don’t show under Calendar. But the users I add still show up under Insurance Numbers though.

Thanks for your help.

Leonard

sorry for the confusion @LMoonsammy , you can change the code back.

I’m not sure what you mean by “under insurance numbers”. If you post images, perhaps I can understand what you mean by insurance numbers.

What I recommend, is that you try out one of the demos. Add users of all types and check or uncheck the boxes you want. The demos reset nightly, but at least you can see what the users turn out to be.

Don’t forget about the user privileges at the bottom left.

1 Like

Hi Sandra:

For Insurance Numbers: Administration → Practice → Practice Settings

All users I add to Users are listed here.

I’ll use the demo to do testing. Thanks for that tip. I still don’t know what Insurance Numbers are used for.

Leonard

you can ignore insurance numbers, only used in very special situations in the US