Upgrading from PHP 5 to PHP 7

I want to upgrade from php 5 to php 7. Currently running OpenEMR v5.0.0 (3) on linux Mint 17.3 (php 5) and want to upgrade to Mint 18 (php7). On a test machine running Mint 17.3 with OpenEMR I tried upgrading to Mint 18 using mintupgrade and the new install of Mint 18 stalls on startup.

Would a backed up copy of OpenEMR on a Mint 17.3 restore properly on the same version of OpenEMR on a Mint 18 machine? If not, what is the recommended way of updating OpenEMR from php5 to php7 on linux machines?

sure, should be fine, checkout http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_System_Architecture#OpenEMR_Dependencies, scroll down a little ways for mint 18

always good to first test on a backup device though

I’m trying to upgrade from PHP5 to PHP 7 using openemr 5 running on Windows xampp. The installation hangs at the step
Installing and Configuring Access Controls (php-GACL)… after creating a new database successfully. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Having the same issue. Did you get a fix ?

The backed up copy of OpenEMR (from linux Mint 17.3 php 5) restored properly on a linux Mint 18 machine with php 7.

Thanks I will try and see.