I would like to upgrade from 5.0.0 (8) to 5.0.1 so I could run PHPMyAdmin so I could install the latest ICD-10 updates. I was attempting to do a dual upgrade, to get the latest version of PHP. When I try to run the database function in V 5.0.0 I just get the terse message “PHP 5.6 required”, and can’t get any further.
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.0 (8)
Firefox 61.0.1 x64
I’m using: Win 7 Ultimate
The logs weren’t any help.
I followed the instructions on the page https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Dual_Upgrade_of_OpenEMR_and_XAMPP_in_Windows
I got stuck at the part where you do a database dump from the command line. I got a 1045 error from PHP whether I used the password that I had saved in my records, or the “mysqli”, “pass”, or “escargot”" password from the CONFIG files, or a blank password, and was unable to execute the database dump.
Turns out the problem was entirely my fault. There was a subtle difference in the database password between that I had stored in my password reference file (350 entries and growing daily), and what I had actually entered. I found a slip of paper with a slightly different password in an obscure location, and with that, I could do the database dump.
I was able to import the existing database into 5.0.1 and apply the 5.0.1 (3) patches. My patient list appeared, but I can’t do anything else with the system.
I will post a different topic with the new obstacle. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.