Unable to make a change in the calendar

Situation
We are unable to make any changes to existing categories, delete existing categories, or add a new category in the Calendar. We are following instructions here - https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Calendar_Categories

When you try to add a new calendar it does not accept it. Is this a bug anyone else is experiencing?

OpenEMR Version
OpenEMR 5.0.1

Browser:
I’m using: Firefox

Operating System
I’m using: OSx & Win10

many thanks you’s in advance.

Can you provide screen shots or some details of what you are trying to enter and what happens? I have entered calendar categories in the past and it was a bit troublesome but I was able to get it to work eventually. I guess it would be helpful to know what your “inputs” are for this case.

Thanks for responding Dr. Lukner.

Regardless of what I enter and how many times I fill out the time duration, the following returns.

Hours, Minutes and recurrence values must be numeric!

@topnoch

1. Please turn on debugging to see if there are any program errors that need to be repaired. Turn it on this way: under Adminstration->Globals->Logging->User Debugging Options (“All”)
  2. Trying copying the following “Lab Draw” visit exactly as shown below. Note that the identifier is one word (linked with an underscore _ ). Does it give the same error you are encountering?
  3. After you are done testing, you may wish to turn off debugging (see step 1 - switch back) if you have users that would object to pop-up error messages when there is a program error that can recover without user intervention.

–Ralf

Hi Dr. Lukner,
Sorry, but I don’t see the option under Adminstration- > Globals- > Logging > User Debugging Options (“All”)

See attached.

Ah, @topnoch … you’re on 5.0.1 which does not have the debug logging feature.

To troubleshoot this problem, please log into the 5.0.2 demo with “admin” and “pass” at the following link and turn on logging and then reproduce your issue by copying my example exactly:

https://demo.openemr.io/openemr

I have run into a similar issue a year or so ago. What I found was that there was something wrong with the last entry into the database, I removed the last one or two entries and it fixed the problem.

Hi Dr. Lukner, it works in version 5.0.2 demo and does not generate an error. It does not work in v.5.0.1 which is what we’re using.

Hi Julie, Thanks for the input, I will check on that.

Okay. Are you able to upgrade to 5.0.2?

Sorry for the delay, I have since upgraded and the issue remains.

Hi Julie,
What tables did you edit when you had the issue?

Hello Topnoch,
The data can be found in openemr_postcalendar_categories. If I remember right, there was a symbol in one of the fields that caused the error. I would check the last one added.

Hey Julie, that helped. Thank you so much!

Hi Julie,

I am having the same problem. I have v5.0.2. Where do I find the data for openemr_postcalendar_categories? I remember having phpMyAdmin to access the database, but I guess that was removed for security reasons?

-Venu

hi @vrjula, you could use the mysql command line or install phpmyadmin and hook it up to access the openemr database

Im not sure you can edit it inside of openemr. I think you might have to install phpadmin or another data editor. What OS are you using?

Whew, it took me a while to figure out the field that was involved, but you were right, @Julie_b. It was a non-numeric symbol in one of the cells. Thanks for the input!

-Venu