Unable to "install DB" after register contrib form assessment_intake

Situation
Unable to install DB after register contrib form assessment_intake.

I get the following error:
Forms Administration

ERROR: could not open table.sql, broken form?

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1(7)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). The latest version.

Operating System
I’m using: MacOS Mojave client. Amazon AWS Standard version.

Logs
Not sure which logs to check.

Maybe this is a permissions issue?

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr # ls -l interface/forms/assessment_intake/table.sql
-r-------- 1 root root 5490 Jul 6 03:01 interface/forms/assessment_intake/table.sql

It’s not a permissions issue after all. I compared the forms directory of assessment_intake to other forms, like bronchitis, and I cannot tell the difference. I have no idea why the system complains of being unable to open table.sql. Maybe there is another error that is presented as this?

It doesn’t seem to matter what contrib form I use. I’m not able to install DB

I checked the php code and the issue appears to be in this call:
installSQL("$srcdir/…/interface/forms/{$dir[‘directory’]}"))

I will install the table.sql manually and update the registry to work around this issue for now …
–Ralf

Unfortunately, simply installing the table, marking the registry table that the sql was run, and then choosing enable does not make the form (such as assessment_intake or clinical_notes) usable (encounter tab goes blank and stays that way … nothing appears).

hi @Ralf_Lukner ,

Are you seeing any more specific errors in your php error log after you try to Install DB for a form?

-brady

The logs are completely clean:

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr # ls -l /var/log/apache2/
total 4
-rw-r--r--    1 root     wheel            0 Jul  7 02:00 access.log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     wheel            0 Jul  7 02:00 error.log
drwxr-sr-x    2 root     wheel         4096 Jul  7 15:32 old_logs
-rw-r--r--    1 root     wheel            0 Mar 19 22:47 php_errors.log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     wheel            0 Jun  3  2018 ssl_access.log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     wheel            0 Jul  7 02:00 ssl_error.log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     wheel            0 Jun  3  2018 ssl_request.log

I can place “echo” statements to help debug the code if you would like me to. If you have debug version of the relevant php files, I can temporarily install those. I can also open Chrome or Firefox in development mode and tell you what that shows if it would be helpful.
–Ralf

hi @Ralf_Lukner, try changing the permission of the new directory to execute so the script can descend into the directory to see the files
chmod u+x openemr/interface/forms/assessment_intake

Attempt:

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/interface # chmod u+x forms/soap2

Answer: Did not correct the issue.

I added extra information about the directory to the error msg to echo $dir:

ERROR: could not open table.sql, broken form?dir = /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/…/interface/forms/soap2

Below is the line showing the (unchanged) “Install DB” status of the soap2 contrib.

hi,

Probably not a permission issue. The docker permissions look funky, but they should work. Is this working on the demos: https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Development_5.0.1_Demo

If the demos work, then would be helpful to hear from other users that are using aws, since we don’t have a great way to test that very easily.

Also, those logs look weird since the access.log is also empty. For debugging, something I usually do is error_log(“DEBUG”.$info) commands which then output to the error log. Then will also confirm that your error logs are also where you think they are.

-brady

permissions issue is introduced by following installation instructions because we’re working from the sudo bash shell in the openemr docker:

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr # cp -r contrib/forms/assessment_intake/ interface/forms /.

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr # ls -lrt interface/forms/assessment_intake/
total 72
-r-------- 1 root root 27336 Jul 8 14:28 view.php
-r-------- 1 root root 5490 Jul 8 14:28 table.sql
-r-------- 1 root root 6716 Jul 8 14:28 save.php
-r-------- 1 root root 1049 Jul 8 14:28 report.php
-r-------- 1 root root 18544 Jul 8 14:28 new.php
-r-------- 1 root root 22 Jul 8 14:28 info.txt`

so can correct with

chown -R apache interface/forms/assessment_intake/

also think if @Ralf_Lukner installed logrotate could have an effect on the filename of the error.log

1 Like

This corrected the problem.
–Ralf