Unable to complete the full installation of the patch 5-5-1

Issue related to the 5-5-1 Patch 1.
I upgraded from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1. Then downloaded the patch as instructed; placed the files into the openemr. Thus far OK. Then when I went to the browser and type in the instructed site, this is what I got:
So, what to do next???

This site can’t be reached
your_server_name_or_ip’s server IP address could not be found.
Search Google for your server name openemr sql patch
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

hi @alskite ,

Use the path that you use to login to openemr followed by sql_patch.php . for example it may be http://localhost/openemr/sql_patch.php

-brady

Thank you very much it did work. I am still in the early stages of using openemr and have had some difficulties. They may be primitive ones but important for me to proceed.
1- Even though my name shows as a provider on the calendar screen (when scheduling a patient and choosing my name as a provider, I get an error, saying “local host says, provider not available, use anyway?”
I think it has to do with setting up the provider. I never really understood how to place a provider.
On the provider tab, even though it says, “new” when I tried to place a new one, the window does not let me to do it.
2- I still am not able to do the regular backup using the back up tab, in the administration column. That is, whenever I try it, by clicking Create Backup, after finishing dumping, in the middle of the screen, a notice comes up saying that the localhost if not found. So, I never have been able to back up. What I have done so far is to copy and paste the following folders into an external drive:
a- data from the xampp\mysql\data. This one copies very fast.
b-xampp\htdocs\openemr. This one, and I am not sure why, takes much longer to copy.
I haver restored these files to my laptop but have to inactivate both apache and mysql first.
It is just a long procedure to follow thru, but unless I am wrong, all the data, files, documents, etc get copied, correct?
I don’t understand why such a comprehensive and rich EMR like the openemr, does not have a simple, friendly way, to back up its files from within its own program.
Please, any help for these issues will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch. I put two more questions and when if possible, you get a chance to help me out.

Again, thank you foe your time.

Alex

hi @alskite ,

1. This can be set by configuring in/out times for provider in calendar. Note you should be able to schedule appt’s despite the “local host says, provider not available, use anyway?” message.
  2. The backup feature in OpenEMR is limited by the memory_limit setting in your php.ini. What do you have set for that now? (btw, you are doing the right thing by copying the database and directory for backup; and as ou have done, is always important to ensure you can restore from these files; backup/restore strategies can be varied and note the Cloud packages have a very robust backup/restore feature in them)

-brady

Sorry but I am still confused. I am not sure where to go to config in/out times??
I also don’t know where to go in the php.ini file to see what you are telling me to do. I just don’t have that much expertise to go where I am supposed to go. So, if you can, I need basic instructions on how to do it.
Thanks,

hi @alskite, you click on an appointment time from the calendar and then you choose the provider tab and then in office and click save

Thanks for your reply. I actually was not having problems to make or save the appointment. It is just that I am the provider by when i save, even though it saves, it says that it does not recognize my name.
The other thing is as I stated before when I do my back up, copying both sql/data and openemr directory the first goes very fast whereas openemr takes a long time even though it is not a big file, less than 500MB. Brady said something about the php.ini file. I am not sure what to do. Does it make it faster? Thanks again!
Alexandre Slatkin (alskite)