Tooltip in encounters.php

mike-h30 wrote on Thursday, December 24, 2009:

Also, in the past I noticed that when in the chart of a patient with a long list of encounters, there have been times when I accidentally locked up FireFox by attempting to click on encounter before the entire list was done loading.  I would have to then re-start FireFox and log back into OpenEMR. 

Not sure if this happens with anyone else.

bradymiller wrote on Sunday, December 27, 2009:

Mike,

I’d suggest placing your idea in the ‘feature request’ tracker. Sounds useful. Anybody else having these issues despite turning off the tooltip function?

-brady

This topic is one of concern to me right at the moment because for use on a fairly new install. The tooltip is not functioning and I am having a challenge troubleshooting it.

So, let me share what I have figured out and then maybe someone can help me make the leap to fix the issue.

I always check the demo site to see if it just me or can I find the issue there. There is an issue with the tooltip on the demo but not the issue we are having. The tooltip on demo is shifting position.

Ours don’t show at all. There are no errors in the console.
It happens on both Firefox and Chrome. We have 7.0.0(1) installed.

From what I can see on mouse over the is an ajax call to get the form data. That data is then presented to the user.

No modifications have been made to the program in this section or any of the joining files. I checked.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I fixed this in master

1 Like

@sjpadgett could you post me link to where the code change is located? Please.

ajtooltips and encounters

Commit: 147537542af7449720065bf39c3e5816e4ba5135 [1475375]

1 Like

This appears to broken again! Unsure why!
We really need to rewrite as Rod did this tool several years back and there are better ways today.
Maybe you can take a crack at it Sherwin using a bootstrap solution.

Sherwin, This is what currently displays. IYO how should this work or how in the past?

The way it worked in the past. Moussing over the LBF or Hardcoded forms would display the contents of that form. As I was tracking down the code that produced this feature. I saw that it is an ajax call at the time of the mouse over that fetched the data. I was trying to do a stack trace to see where the data was getting lost in transit. Did you locate the source of the error? What do you think would be a better way?

Yep but our reports today can be much larger due to BS.
I’m going to rewrite to a popover if I can make work.

@juggernautsei I got it this far and could use some fine tuning however, me bored! :slight_smile:
I’ll bring in what I have if you’ll maybe see if you can work out some sizing/styling.
At any case it work better than before.

The wizard at work again. Yes, I will take a look at it and see if I have any talent to walk in your shadow.
Let me know when you have pushed what you have to the repo.

@juggernautsei

1 Like