Tabs Based interface with IFRAMES

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, October 11, 2016:

think i found 2 bugs, not sure about the first: if the admin changes their preference( not the global setting) to frame can they change it back to tabs? second: for a non-admin, non-accountant user, i.e. front desk, the procedures tree view in frames looks off with a second procedures entry below the cooler icon

thank you for all of the great work on this everyone

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, October 11, 2016:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the bug reports.

Regarding issue number 1, the “User Settings” in the Frames layout is at Miscellaneous->Preferences. Let us know if still not able to change the user setting back to Tabs there.

Regarding issue number 2, I couldn’t confirm this(used front desk user). The tree view in frames should not have any icons. Make sure to clear your browser history/cache and then try it again. If still see issue, then let us know along with the browser details and a quick screenshot would be helpful.

thanks,
-brady
OpenEMR

cmswest wrote on Wednesday, October 12, 2016:

on #1, that works, thanks
on #2, i’ve been messing around with the left nav and acl setup and even though i thought i rsync’ed over the master branch of the updated git repo to the webroot it somehow didn’t replace the files

should’ve know better than to bother you, thanks for checking it out Brady

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, October 12, 2016:

Hi,

There’s been some big changes, so definitely keep testing and reporting bugs/issues on this stuff (ie. definitely not bothering me :slight_smile: ) since goal is to get this stuff to production quality in the very near future.

Just committed code to the codebase stemming from MDSupport’s work to change several text buttons to icon buttons on the calendar gui. Another really nice ui improvement.

-brady
OpenEMR

cmswest wrote on Wednesday, October 12, 2016:

looks good, thanks again

for usability, it might be an improvement if the appointment popup default size was just a touch bigger so the scrollbars wouldn’t have to be used to view the entire form like the comment at the bottom and the save, cancel buttons too

when you click on the provider tab that form can be viewed in its entirety

quickly changing this hardcoded value of 375 works but makes the provider tab have more whitespace.

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

Hi,

Here’s a PR that increases the size of the appointment popup:

It looks really nice in Frames layout.
But it seems too big in the Tabs layout.

Any thoughts here? I’d like to avoid making it too complicated (ie. different sizes for different layout). Should we just go with a larger than needed popup for the Tabs layout?

-brady
OpenEMR

sunsetsystems wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

Have not tested… is the issue that the CSS is different? In any case a bit more flexibility is surely desirable.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

I think this is the culprit:

mdsupport wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

We should probably leave frames dialog handling alone and in case of tabs switch to dialog classes in [jquery ui] or use bootstrap modals - each resize dynamically.

if(top.tab_mode)
{

bradymiller wrote on Friday, October 14, 2016:

I just committed a happy medium fix (changed the padding for width and height from 80 to 20) which tested well on the tab layout popups.

Agree would be nice to have a dynamic resizing mechanism for the tab layout popups.

-brady

juggernautsei wrote on Monday, October 24, 2016:

I loaded a copy of the dev v5.0.0 and was trying to access the fee sheet from the tab and it does not load. Anybody working on this?

teryhill wrote on Monday, October 24, 2016:

is it dying at line 393 or so.

To: [openemr:discussion] 202506@discussion.openemr.p.re.sf.net
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 4:03 PM
Subject: [openemr:discussion] Tabs Based interface with IFRAMES

I loaded a copy of the dev v5.0.0 and was trying to access the fee sheet from the tab and it does not load. Anybody working on this?

Tabs Based interface with IFRAMES

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/202506/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

juggernautsei wrote on Tuesday, October 25, 2016:

\library\FeeSheetHtml.class.php:35
interface\forms\fee_sheet\new.php:393
\interface\patient_file\encounter\load_form.php:26
\library\FeeSheet.class.php on line 121
\library\patient.inc:347

I see that the fee sheet is being converted from procedural to class.

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, October 25, 2016:

Hi,

Unable to confirm the fee sheet bug on most recent codebase (using php7 and os xubuntu 16.04). Any errors in the php log(note the above appears to be just the trace and not the error itself)? Any custom code?

-brady
OpenEMR

juggernautsei wrote on Monday, October 31, 2016:

I am downloading a fresh copy today and loading it to my system to see if the error still occurs. It maybe that I had a copy that was in transition.

juggernautsei wrote on Monday, October 31, 2016:

I am using windows server 2008 php 5.5.12

I am using one of my older setup. I will switch to a newer server. And try again.

Error Log Messages
[31-Oct-2016 08:07:13 America/New_York] PHP Stack trace:

[31-Oct-2016 08:07:13 America/New_York] PHP 1. {main}() C:\wampclient\www\new-ui-demo\interface\patient_file\encounter\load_form.php:0

[31-Oct-2016 08:07:13 America/New_York] PHP 2. include_once() C:\wampclient\www\new-ui-demo\interface\patient_file\encounter\load_form.php:26

[31-Oct-2016 08:07:13 America/New_York] PHP 3. FeeSheetHtml->__construct() C:\wampclient\www\new-ui-demo\interface\forms\fee_sheet\new.php:393

[31-Oct-2016 08:07:13 America/New_York] PHP 4. FeeSheet->__construct() C:\wampclient\www\new-ui-demo\library\FeeSheetHtml.class.php:35

Has anyone figured out a fix for the tabs-view menus not working on the iPad yet?

@drkay ,
Have you tested this recently? What happens on the ipad?
-brady

Hi Brady-

Thanks for asking. Yes, I tested it on our iPad just yesterday, and a couple of months ago on a iPhone 7 a couple of months ago.

What happens is that the top menu buttons (Calendar, Flow Board, Messages, Patient/Client, Fees, Procedures, etc.) are treated just as any regular word on the page, and not as any sort of link or active button. Tapping on any of these buttons results in no response at all. Long-pressing one just results in highlighting the word itself (like any word that is long-pressed), and doesn’t even highlight the box/button space around the word. No drop-down menu appears, either.

Hi,
Sounds like this is a Safari issue. Any other folks confirm this behavior on Safari browser?
-brady