Tabs Based interface with IFRAMES

bradymiller wrote on Saturday, September 17, 2016:

btw,

to answer my own question, we will be able to remove the typicons-2-0-7/src/font/typicons.min.css after this code gets in the codebase
(I’ll plan to remove it)

-brady
OpenEMR

mdsupport wrote on Saturday, September 17, 2016:

Rather than manipulating position, mouseover needs to be for a span which includes top menu item and its detail.

On the overflow issue - developer has limited options because of window width and font. I think there is a plugin that will have hide overflow that can be access by pressing arrows.

matthewvita wrote on Saturday, September 17, 2016:

This looks really good!

Calendar isn’t showing up for me - I’m using latest version of Chrome and pulled down/upgraded to Version Number: v5.0.0-dev of OpenEMR.

[Sat Sep 17 15:47:32.703358 2016] [:error] [pid 3010] [client 127.0.0.1:52560] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant authUserID - assumed 'authUserID' in /var/www/openemr/library/patient_tracker.inc.php on line 151, referer: http://localhost/openemr/interface/patient_tracker/patient_tracker.php?skip_timeout_reset=1
[Sat Sep 17 15:47:51.047320 2016] [:error] [pid 1800] [client 127.0.0.1:52561] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: ignoreAuth_offsite_portal in /var/www/openemr/interface/globals.php on line 425, referer: http://localhost/openemr/interface/main/messages/messages.php?form_active=1

bradymiller wrote on Sunday, September 18, 2016:

Hi Matthew,

The calendar stuff is likely unrelated and probably because of the smarty cache (since there has been some calendar work recently). Can remove the cache by:
Administration->Other->Calendar->Clear Smarty Cache

-brady
OpenEMR

robertdown wrote on Sunday, September 18, 2016:

I was unable to replicate MD Support’s issue with the menu hovering on Win 10 / Firefox with neither the latest dev build nor my up for grabs demo

mdsupport wrote on Sunday, September 18, 2016:

Issue is identical to what Brady noted above as #3. Something to be aware of.

robertdown wrote on Sunday, September 18, 2016:

Not saying the issue doesn’t exist, only that I haven’t been able to replicate :slight_smile:

bradymiller wrote on Monday, September 19, 2016:

Hi,

I brought in the code that allows selection of the tab layout theme and also brought in Robert’s most recent theme:
Administration->Globals->Appearance->‘Tabs Layout Theme’
‘Full’ is Robert’s theme (this is default now since there are still issues that need addressing)
‘Compact’ is Ray’s theme

Added a couple commits to address issues.
This fix(menu was essentially broken without this):

This fix(I had to do this or Ray’s menu’s theme was very negatively impacted; Robert, is changing the ‘div’ to an ‘a’ here crucial?):

Still need to address the following issues on the Robert’s Full:

1. The mouseover area issue is improved, but there just seems to be some sort of fundamental issue (note this also happens in Ray’s Compact, but much less obvious)
  2. The User menu at right looks like this(Logout is not below Change Password):
    Settings
    Change Password Logout
  3. The Administration menu runs off screen; albeit this is a bit ugly, still able to get to the menu items by scrolling, so this is much less priority than above.

-brady
OpenEMR

robertdown wrote on Monday, September 19, 2016:

I would say yes, changing from <div> to <a> is crucial, it is important to keep syntax and semantics accurate. Sure, you can make a div look and behave JUST like an a tag, but there’s no good reason to do it when an anchor tag already exists and it may impede future development as it is definitely unexpected in the code.

mdsupport wrote on Monday, September 19, 2016:

Agree with Robert. If intent is to respond to an event over div or span, use listener to route event to the anchor.

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, September 22, 2016:

Hi,

We checked in changes today that should fix the mouseover area issues in both the Full and Compact tab layout themes. Let us know if still issues on this front.

-brady
OpenEMR

mdsupport wrote on Friday, September 23, 2016:

Both versions work very well as shown in attachment. Thank you.

If the intent is to have user name display in top right corner, the span ‘userdata’ needs style float:right;position:fixed; and may be align right?

On a related note, reloading the page works as well as log out when menu choice is changed.

mdsupport wrote on Friday, September 23, 2016:

Did not want to create a PR for line 34 in tabs/main.php that shows “openemr tabs” as window title. That line should be changed to maintain consistency with legacy menu:

<title><?php echo text($openemr_name) ?></title>

bradymiller wrote on Friday, September 23, 2016:

Thanks for pointing that out. Just committed the change to the codebase,
-brady

sunsetsystems wrote on Saturday, September 24, 2016:

Did some minor testing today and noticed these issues right away:

1. Without the tab layout I get a tree menu no matter what value is chosen for Layout Style.
  2. Why is tabs layout a separate dropdown and not a selection under Layout Style?
  3. Using tabs layout, what’s the logic/reasoning for automatically closing a tab? For example if I have an Administration->Layouts tab and then select Administration->Lists, it replaces the Layouts tab.

Rod
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

mdsupport wrote on Saturday, September 24, 2016:

Re. 3:
Old (frames) menu routed content to one frame and possibly affected the second frame. In this scheme, each menu item is targeted to an single, named iframe. Target for many Administration submenu entries is probably a single iframe. In principle you can create new iframe for each menu item as long as display of the iframe tabs bar can be managed in a friendly manner.

There is a hook which can do additional updates that allows closing of related iframes.

bradymiller wrote on Saturday, September 24, 2016:

Hi Rod,

For Issue number 1, I can not confirm this and is working fine on most recent codebase for me. Are you sure you haven’t set the User Settings for Layout Style which will override the Globals setting?

For issue number 2, agree that it has become a bit confusing. See here for plan to clean up the globals and the code to hopefully make it more straightforward for both users and developers:

-brady
OpenEMR

sunsetsystems wrote on Sunday, September 25, 2016:

MDS, thanks for the insight.

Brady you’re right, it was a user setting.

One more thing. Having been away for about 3 hours I noticed my window didn’t auto-logout although the PHP session expired. It was set to 2 hours. Has that been tested?

Rod

sunsetsystems wrote on Sunday, September 25, 2016:

Testing again, looks like auto-close is not happening when tabs are in use.

Rod

bradymiller wrote on Sunday, September 25, 2016:

Hi Rod,

If you have confirmed this bug, please place it here:

(this would be a high priority bug since it involves MU2)

-brady
OpenEMR