Tables in layout based forms, Entering a "0" hides that data field in the summary

k2c-supp wrote on Saturday, February 11, 2017:

I am creating tables in layout based forms in 4.2.2 for the clinician to add numerical test data. If the value entered in the field is “0” (zero without the quotes), that field does not display in the LBV summary as if the field were left empty. If any other numerical or textual data is entered including '0 (zero with a leading quote) the field displays just fine.

I am guessing that in the backend code the datum 0 equals an empty field and the field is ignored in the summary. Is there any way we can allow an entry of “0” without requiring the clinician to precede it with some text?

I wish I could paste or insert an image but can’t paste to here and the insert widget wants an http address that I don’t know what to do with.

Thanks, -Joel

jboyd13 wrote on Saturday, February 11, 2017:

Joel,

I noticed the same problem. I happened to have someone help me with a plugin for calculating data entered into an LBV and noticed the problem then. I was told what you surmised about how the back end treats the system. I had to fool it by not having a zero ID (started id’s with 1 instead of 0) and added code to the plugin to get the values I wanted to score. Unfortunately, my total score can end up < 0, which I don’t want. I’m trying to think of new logic that would avoid that and still keep the integrity of the calculation as data is entered. I hope someone contributes a solution.

Good luck.

Joyce