Site ID is missing from my session data!

Situation
When multiple tabs to OpenEMR are open in Chrome and the connection is over a slow link (Cellular), I sometimes get the “Site ID is missing from session data!” error. This causes loss of data from whatever form is posted.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1(7)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome, the latest version on Mac.

Operating System
I’m using: Amazon AWS Express version.

Logs
Did you check the logs? Yes.
Was there anything pertinent in them? No, not that I could find.

That message has more to do with sessions management than connection speed. “Tabs” in emr windows are for same session but browser tabs, specially for Chrome which runs each tab as a separate process, may cause that message if underlying session expires.

1 Like

Sometimes the underlying session seems to be expiring unusually quickly. Is there a log that I can find the reason for the expired session (especially if the session expired unusually quickly)?

Thank you very much for your help,
–Ralf

By any chance are you logging multiple times in separate browser tabs and then switching between them when you encounter this issue?

Yes! That’s exactly what I am doing.
–Ralf

Browser maintains cookie(s) with key to the session with a specific emr server. So your last login becomes the only active session.

If you must use multiple logins, rather than multiple tabs use multiple windows and not tabs. If the issue persists, use different browsers for multiple sessions.

I am using different browsers to get around the issue.
Thank you!
–Ralf

By default, OpenEMR is opening new browser tabs when, for example, you click on a patient in the flowboard (there may be other places as well). May want to change this behavior if multiple tabs are not supported.
–Ralf