Same usernames but different capitalisation are intertwined

I created a user using some capital letters, then again with the same name in all lower case. OpenEMR gave a message that there was some issue with the database, then created the user.

I can find no way to remove the account that I don’t want. I take it this is not possible.

When I go into administration > ACL to try to remove access control for the user with the upper case letters, if I remove the access control for one of the users it removes it for both; the drop-down list appears for the one user whilst an empty drop-down list appears at the same time against the other user.

OpenEMR 5.0.2.1 on Linux.

I’m not sure what to look for in the log at Administration > Other > Logs, I haven’t found any errors yet.

Any help with lessening the impact of the user with the capital letters in the username gratefully received. Thanks.

Hello Pete

I guess you can inactivate the user you want to remove. This can be done by unchecking the “Active” checkbox in Edit User screen.

Thank You
Infeg Team
Email: infeg.services@gmail.com

Ahh yes great thank you @Infeg_Services, I will use that.

(The above issue still stands as an OpenEMR issue though, if anyone’s interested)