Same day multiple encounters patient report bug?

Hi there,

These seems to be an issue in the Report that I can’t figure out. If I create a first encounter, Report shows it fine. If I create a second encounter, Report shows that fine. But as I keep creating more encounters, at some point soon thereafter Report kicks out the form from the last encounter and moves it over to the current one. Any encounters after that, and Report just moves it over from the last one again. In the end, all the encounter forms get thrown off (and one has the form missing as it has been moved to the next one). I have duplicated this on the demo. Attached are some screenshots.

What gives?

2/5/18 encounter has both 2/5/18 and 2/4/18 notes.

As seen here:

2/4/18 encounter now has 2/3/18 note.
Capture

2/3/18 encounter has nothing.
Capture

2/2/18 and 2/1/18 encounters are fine.

–Venu

thanks for the bug report @vrjula, filed it here , patient_report.php bug from forum, appears on 5.0.0 · Issue #1409 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

found your demo example, http://demo.openemr.io/openemr/interface/login/login.php?site=default for l. doe

we’ll look at the code on 5.0.0 here, openemr/patient_report.php at rel-500 · openemr/openemr · GitHub and then see if it’s been addressed in 5.0.1

Sounds great, @stephenwaite, it’s an otherwise excellent place to generate a consolidated record. Thanks for investigating it further!

–Venu

I am not able to re-create the issu.e. I created 6 encounters and when I open the encounter each of them, I don’t see encounter details from the previous encounter. Did I understand the problem correctly?

Removed images

I tested with SOAP note in the encounters and still I can’t recreate the issue:

Removed images

hi @smirzaoe ,

Looks like the bug was reported to happen when try to then generate the patient report (Report link at top of patient summary screen).

-brady

Hi Brady

First that’s what I thought and spent some time looking into different reports but couldn’t find the report with this kind of output in the report. Now again, I spent some time looking for that report still no luck.

Found it. Indeed it is messing up the report. I will try to get to bottom of it.

1 Like

Hello @smirzaoe,

This is a different bug and has been fixed.

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

No problem.

The original bug (from vrjula) is related to future dates (dates later than current date) being inserted for encounters.

Why would you create future dated encounters :slight_smile:

@epsdky hit the mark. I tested all this again. It only happens when you create encounters with future dates. As such, what @smirzaoe says makes perfect sense and the whole thing irrelevant. Except perhaps in the quantum universe.

Sorry to take up your time. Sometimes one can over-test…

-Venu

The image that I was referring to in this thread (in my first post) is no longer present. Just to be clear it corresponded to a bug that seems to have been fixed here (in OpenEMR 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 dev). (The bug mentioned by vrjula has not yet been fixed)