RxNorm or Snomed Installation

Situation
We’ve downloaded both RxNorm and Snowmed to install either or as a drug database for version 5.0.1. But once the files are uploaded to their respective /contrib directories, we can not find any documentation as what to do next.

RxNorm talks about running a script, what script? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1

Browser:
I’m using: firefox

Operating System
I’m using:

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

hi @topnoch, did you follow the guides at Admin->Other->External Data Loads?

we did actually and receieved the attached screens. for snowmed it does not even register.

thanks for responding @stephenwaite :grinning:

to keep moving forward you’re going to need to execute an insert statement like this for icd9 with the md5sum value of the rxnorm file. not sure what’s up with SNOMED but maybe a permissions issue?

INSERT INTO supported_external_dataloads (load_type, load_source, load_release_date, load_filename, load_checksum) VALUES
(‘ICD9’, ‘CMS’, ‘2011-10-01’, ‘cmsv29_master_descriptions.zip’, ‘c360c2b5a29974d6c58617c7378dd7c4’);

on the development side of the code base, recent work by @robertovasquez brought in by @brady.miller offers SNOMED RF2 support

ok, let me give that a shot and update you.

hi stephen, that seemed to have done th trick, many thanks for your assistance, but when you search in the prescription window, nothing pulls up under the search function. did we miss something else?

hi @topnoch, might not be integrated on your version, are you 5.0.1?

Yes, on 5.0.1… this means we can not use it?

Is it possible to create a manual druglist via a csv file and create a table with it to upload in the db…

hi @topnoch, what might be missing is the linkage in the code. Before looking in the code, have you tried on your own development instance?

Hi Stephen, it seemed to have installed, but I am not quite sure what you mean by linkage. We are currently testing on localhost.

You mentioned it might not work with our version, is it not integrated with v.5.0.1?

Hi,
did you find it possible to create a manual drug list as you suggested and upload? Trying to achieve same thing.

Thanks