Restricting Access to Reports > Clients

cavernosum wrote on Tuesday, April 07, 2015:

Thank you so much for your help fkgl!

fsgl wrote on Tuesday, April 07, 2015:

Very pleased to be of assistance.

These threads were great catalysts to the understanding of fine granular control.

All done with the Wiki article (I hope!); therefore if more stuff needs to be verboten, please refer to it.

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, April 08, 2015:

Hi,

This would be a good mentored new developer project. I’d be glad to function as the mentor. If anybody is interested, let me know.

The developer will need to know which which groups (Administrators, Physicians, etc.) that each ACO should be in for a default installation.

For the manual, recommend removing this step:
“To assign the new ACO’s to Administrators; select Reports in Sections, select the new ACO’s in Access Control Objects, move the ACO’s over to the Selected box, ensure that Allowed and Enabled are selected, click Administrators in Groups and click the Submit button.”

And instead adding the ACO to administrator-write in the Administration->ACL section. This will avoid making a new redundant ACL that could cause confusion/bugs in the future (note you have a new ACL now with no return value…).

-brady
OpenEMR

fsgl wrote on Wednesday, April 08, 2015:

Advisement taken under consideration & executed.

New developer project beckons but Vernal chores & Archie Barnes are chirping as well…

fsgl wrote on Sunday, April 12, 2015:

Thank you for a very precise definition of grep.

My post above was two fold.

I found grep not of much help in attaining fine granular control.

The link was tongue-in-check. Americans, like people in other cultures, find “procreation” to be a subject worthy of satire.

cmswest wrote on Friday, April 17, 2015:

i’d be glad to help put this together even though i’m not a greenhorn

fsgl wrote on Friday, April 17, 2015:

Archie Barnes said 非常感謝.

bradymiller wrote on Monday, April 20, 2015:

Go for it :slight_smile: Makes it easier on me to “mentor” it then.
-brady
OpenEMR

cmswest wrote on Thursday, April 23, 2015:

you mean something like this really long sentence that just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

just enclose it in pre tags

fsgl wrote on Thursday, April 23, 2015:

Precisely.

What are pre tags?

It may be in Formatting Help, but the light bulb has yet to come on.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_pre.asp

it may be browser specific because my long line up above isn’t scrollable on chromium

SupercalifragilisticexpialidociousSupercalifragilisticexpialidociousSupercalifragilisticexpialidociousSupercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Yippee!!!

Thought I was going dyslexic with Formatting Help, whew.

Thank you again, Dragon Slayer.

Hope that the Starter Project is going swimmingly.

Brady talked about doing only Reports, but if the whole kit & kaboodle are in the codebase, users will be so pleased.

most welcome, i’ve got the soup bubbling following your recipe with all of the access denied code added to the php files

i finally have to start thinking now that i’m trying to build the report aco here because we don’t have the short descriptor for each of the reports in the primary docs array

Was wading about in acl_upgrade.php because of this with very little to show for it.

Hadn’t the foggiest about acl_setup.php, so I pretended it didn’t matter.

Keep up the good work.

jjcahs wrote on Saturday, April 25, 2015:

Jason,

We have created a block feature that can be controlled by existing ACLs code and determined only by the admin user. That way only certain providers can access certain patients even through the reports and printing feature. Please let me know if you are interested in checking this feature out and email to info@acehealthsolutions.com so we can setup a time to demo it to you.

aethelwulffe wrote on Wednesday, April 29, 2015:

Bundled ACL is not for the “worked with this stuff since 2.8.3” crowd either. I have no idea what the “read-write-some” stuff is. I find no meaningful correlations in most of that. This is still one of the worst sticking-selling points of the system. It shames me that I haven’t done an analysis to determine what is actually needed. I have a suspicion that gacl would not be part of the solution…
Limiting access via restricting visibility in left_nav is not a real restriction on the “secure” level, but it might as well be for the average user in terms of “keep people from screwing up things”.

fsgl wrote on Thursday, April 30, 2015:

Brady had remarked that the ACL module is in its embryonic stages.

Stephen Waite is working to bring the modifications into the codebase.

Until recently the average user had no (DIY) means whatsoever of hiding modules except that which are already in the Disallowed section.

No loud complaints from users about recent ACL tweaks & probably even less when Stephen has completed his project.

Most users understand that MU2 work is behind schedule & do not expect development resources to be diverted to ACL.

cmswest wrote on Sunday, May 31, 2015:

in reply to your balk on this thread , a little time spent setting up a github account and then you’d be in comfortable country; the linux command line…

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, September 29, 2015:

getting back to this starter project, thanks for your patience fsgl

brady, should i remove this section of the accounting aco and use my newly created reports aco here instead?

$gacl->add_object(‘acct’, ‘Financial Reporting - my encounters’, ‘rep’ , 10, 0, ‘ACO’);
// xl(‘Financial Reporting - my encounters’)
$gacl->add_object(‘acct’, ‘Financial Reporting - anything’ , ‘rep_a’, 10, 0, ‘ACO’);
// xl(‘Financial Reporting - anything’)

thanks

fsgl wrote on Tuesday, September 29, 2015:

Hi Stephen,

If I understand your post correctly, removal of Financial Reporting is being contemplated. I realize that it is a bit messy to have Financial hanging out under Accounting, but we need these 2 ACO’s.

There are times when an administrator would like to manipulate the Financial reports. Without the ACO’s for Financial Reporting, my & any, this would be very difficult.