Restrict Physicians To View Patient Records Without Appointment

vikrant19 wrote on Tuesday, September 01, 2015:

Hi Team,

Need your help in building one logic for our OpenEMR setup. Since you guys are expert in this so I thought this would be the right place to discuss.

We need to build a logic which will restrict physicians (need only for physicians) to view patient records. We want patient records to be visible to physicians only based on upcomning & past appointments. For e.g. there are two doctors doc A & doc B. doc A had appointment (& consulted) with E, F, G, H patient and doc B had appointment (& consulted) with P, Q, R, S patient. So doc A should not have access to P, Q, R, S patient records and doc B should not have access to E, F, G, H patient records unless they have any appointment (& consulted) with these patients.

Kindy guide me how can I implment this loigic in OpenEMR is there any way I can use ACL for this.

fsgl wrote on Wednesday, September 02, 2015:

See this.

Unable to resolve hiding Patient Summary, however.

vikrant19 wrote on Thursday, September 10, 2015:

Thaks fsgl it was really helpfull.

Can any one help me by guiding like how to restrict patient summary also from physicians as per the scenario mentioned above. In case it needs to be done via code which file and data base table needs to be touched for this.

fsgl wrote on Thursday, September 10, 2015:

If there is no other replies regarding code change, there is the option of Multiple Sites.

Each physican will have access only to his patients in his own site despite the fact all physicians are under 1 roof.

Problem with this approach is synchronization of different “sites”, which would be a nuisance.

Check my solution to this issue at ACL for Patients, Appointment Flowboard