Reporting for MACRA

pfhawa wrote on Friday, January 13, 2017:

Are there ways in the openEMR system to report for MACRA/ MU, PQRS measures? I am new to this system and need some guidance.

cmswest wrote on Friday, January 13, 2017:

hi Paul, there will be in the future once OpenEMR v5.0 becomes CEHRT (any day now). For now you would have to use a registry or submit via claims for PQRS.

amireltaweel wrote on Thursday, February 16, 2017:

Can you please provide more details on how to use openEMR with QCDRs to avoid MACRA penalties or even qualify.

cmswest wrote on Monday, February 20, 2017:

it will probably depend on what QCDR you are using

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/PQRS/Qualified-Clinical-Data-Registry-Reporting.html

most likely they will be glad to work with any provider that uses OpenEMR

amireltaweel wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2017:

Thanks Stephen that realy helped.

But why would they be “glad to work with OpenEMR”? does OpenEMR have sort of a “competitive advantage” over other EHR systems?

visolve1995 wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2017:

A quick answer.

No one size fits all!
Customizable! Customizable! Customizable!

Regards,
Sena Palanisami

On Feb 22, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Amir Eltaweel amireltaweel@users.sf.net wrote:

Thanks Stephen that realy helped.

But why would they be “glad to work with OpenEMR”? does OpenEMR have sort of a “competitive advantage” over other EHR systems?

Reporting for MACRA

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/202505/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

amireltaweel wrote on Tuesday, February 28, 2017:

So, since it is MU2 certified, can we use “v5” to certify under MACRA now?

amireltaweel wrote on Wednesday, March 01, 2017:

I cannot turn The “Enable Audit Log Encription” on. i check it and save it. but when i come back it is “unchecked” !!! any advise

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, March 01, 2017:

Hi Amir,

What is your operating system and which OpenEMR package are you using (xampp vs. zip vs. deb etc.)?

-brady
OpenEMR

i’m using openemr-5.0.0.tar.gz, apache, linux

Hi Amir,
What is your specific operating system (ie. Ubuntu 16.04 etc)?
-brady

Hey Brady checkout below

• DB Server: Ubuntu 5.5.44-0ubuntu0. 14.04.1
  • Web Server: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
  • PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11

Need mcrypt php module.

In command line do:
sudo apt-get install php5-mcrypt

Check out here for other package dependencies for OpenEMR in Ubuntu:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_System_Architecture#Ubuntu.2C_Mint_and_Debian_.28PHP_5.29_.28With_MySQL_or_MariaDB.29

For future, note it’s easier to use the ubuntu package, which then brings in all needed dependencies:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_5.0.0_Ubuntu-Debian_Package_Installation_with_PHP5
(note we have separate packages for PHP7 and PHP5; the above link is for PHP5 which you are using)

-brady

Will do, thank you so much Brady!

Hey Brady,
Still not working. Do you think i should upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Amir,

Ubunut 14.04 should be just fine. I am assuming you ran ‘sudo apt-get install php5-mcrypt’ without errors; let me know if that is not the case. Also need to ensure you then restart apache service:
sudo service apache2 restart

-brady

Hi Brady

Yes it installed without errors and i did restart apache2 after that, do you thing i should try reinstalling OpenEMR? install a new site i mean.

By the way I just patched to v5.01 today

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, March 02, 2017:

Hi Amir,

If things are working for you (except for the mcrypt), may be able to fix without a reinstall(if end up doing a reinstall, then would rec the ubuntu package linked above). Let me know whether you are using mysql or mariadb, then I’ll give you a 1 line command to install all the dependencies; then should work after restarting apache.

Also, if this is a production instance, definitely do backups while doing this stuff.

-brady
OpenEMR

amireltaweel wrote on Friday, March 03, 2017:

Hi Brady
All working just fine except for the mcrypt.
However i ran into what seems to be a BUG at the priscription screen which is;

When you click on “click here to search” link and after you are able to find the drug … if you click on the “click here to search” link one more time… you will be logged out of OpenEMR completely!

bradymiller wrote on Saturday, March 04, 2017:

Hi Amir,

Sounds like there are still some dependencies possible missing. What do you see if you do:
mysql --version

(this will let me know whether you are using ‘mysql’ or ‘mariadb’ and can then provide you a command to install all the required dependencies)

-brady
OpenEMR