Report of unsigned encounters

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #1

What report or SQL query can I run to find unsigned encounters? I do not use OpenEMR for billing.
–RBL

(Daniel) #2

Which version are you using, 500, 501, or 502?

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #3

Daniel,

I am using version 5.0.1 patch 7.

–Ralf

(Daniel) #4

This query should help you. Where tid = NULL are the encounters that have not been signed.

select fe.date, fe.encounter, fe.pid, pd.fname, pd.lname, es.tid, concat(u.fname, ' ', u.lname) as provider from form_encounter fe left join esign_signatures es on fe.encounter = es.tid join patient_data pd on pd.pid = fe.pid join users u on provider_id = u.id order by date desc

Here is an example of what you should expect to see. I have removed all PHI from this report.

I do write custom reports for a fee and I’d be happy to provide you with my services. Instead of having to mess around with phpMyAdmin (which can be dangerous) I can make these reports available to you from the openEMR interface.

Here is an example of a customer report I created which tracks changes made to appointment statuses by staff user. This gives the ability to know who talked to a patient when an appointment was cancelled. I use dataTables which presents the reports in a nicer format than the native OpenEMR interface. There is also sorting and searching capability that allows you to dynamically search for information without having to re-query.

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #5

Thank you @growlingflea !! You rock. It worked.
–Ralf

(Daniel) #6

You’re welcome!! I’m happy to help.

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #7

Very much appreciated. When I have some extra cash, I will very likely contact you about making custom reports. Right now it’s Raman noodle time :smile:.