Receipt for Payment

arnabnaha wrote on Tuesday, April 28, 2015:

Hi, Visolve…

Thank you once again for the awesome addition above. There are two issues -

1. Can you please remove the time shown in the “PAST ENCOUNTER” coloumn?

2. The TOTAL AMOUNT PAID is showing erronous calculations. It is showing all the payments done by the patient for his/her each and every encounter by summing up all. This should not be the scenario, Total amount paid, should show the amount paid by the patient for this encounter and if he pays, partial amount, the rest should be shown in due Amount.

Attachment Below

hi visolve,

There are more issues…if i include total charge in the payment, then also it is calculating the total charge by summing up all the previous encounter charges to be paid. Suppose, If a patient did an encounter on 26th April and was billed for Rs. 700 - paid on the 26th april itself and again did an encounter on 28th April and billed for Rs 500, now even after payment of Rs. 700 (of previous encounter) total charge/total amount to be paid is showing as 1200 rather than 500…

This is also the case with total amount paid at the bottom, it is also showing the summed up value of all the payments done rather than the patient paid currently. if there is any due, it should reflect in the Amount due part.

RECEIPT FOR PAYMENT
               FACLIITY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER

DATE OF PAYMENT:   Date on which the patient is paying money 
              PATIENT:           Name and PID 
              PAID VIA:          Mode of PAyment
              CHECK/REF NO.      Any reference/cheque number

AMOUNT TO BE PAID FOR CURRENT VISIT(A): Amount billed for current encounter in fee sheet

TOTAL AMOUNT DUE FOR ANY PAST VISIT(B): Amount Due for past encounter if any

GRAND TOTAL TO BE PAID ©: Total to be paid (current visit(A) + previous due(B))

AMOUNT PAID FOR CURRENT VISIT (D): Amount Paid by Patient for current encounter

AMOUNT PAID FOR PAST VISIT (E): Amount for past pending encounter payment

PAST ENCOUNTER NO. & DATE: As already done by you

NET TOTAL AMOUNT PAID (F): Amount for current visit(D) + any previous encounter payment(E)

ANY AMOUNT DUE(G): Grand Total to be paid © - Net Amount Paid (F)

Received By: USER NAME

The post above is the structure of the receipt which should be…

arnabnaha wrote on Wednesday, April 29, 2015:

Did manage to fix the past encounter date. Now time is not shown

Changed this

<tr>
  <td> <?php echo text($value['encounter']) ?> </td>
  <td> <?php echo text($value['date']) ?> </td>
</tr>

TO

<tr>
  <td> <?php echo text($value['encounter']) ?> </td>
  <td> <?php echo text (oeFormatSDFT(strtotime($value['date']))) ?> </td>
</tr>

arnabnaha wrote on Thursday, April 30, 2015:

Visolve anything on this…please…

Hi visolve…can you solve one issue…

please help me with “TOTAL AMOUNT TO BE PAID” - It should show only the charge billed for current encounter + any due for previous encounter. how to do that. plewase help

It should not sum up all the fees paid +non paid for that particular patient as shown in the attachment above.(Last 5 posts)

$fe['fees']

This is causing the major miscalculations in the dues and the Amount to be paid…please can you change this to something more reasonable??

arnabnaha wrote on Friday, August 07, 2015:

Hi Visolve!

Any pointers on this?? Please…

visolveemr wrote on Friday, August 07, 2015:

Arnab Naha,

You can replace

$fe['fees’]

with

oeFormatMoney($payrow['amount1']) + oeFormatMoney($payrow['amount2’]))

to print the Amount for current visit(D) + any previous encounter payment(E) as stated by you in http://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/202504/thread/36b7429b/#e389

Thanks
OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com | Phone: 408-850-2243
Demo’s @ ViSolve Demo Library

This change should be done on all $fe['fees’] that are in the code or only on specific ones. Can you please specify?

visolveemr wrote on Friday, August 07, 2015:

Arnab,

In our codebase  it is 483 line number. But it may differ in yours. So search for "Total Amount Paid" inside the file interface->patient_file->front_payment.php. You have to replace the $fe['fees'] under the matched line.

Thanks
OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com | Phone: 408-850-2243
Demo’s @ ViSolve Demo Library

The Total amount paid line is showing this -

<td><?php echo xlt('Total Amount Paid'); ?>:</td>
    <td><?php echo text($_POST['form_paytotal'] + $_POST['tot_char']) ?></td>

It will be the best if you can put all the code changes in github…as this project was off for some time, I got offtracked about the changes I made.

Please take a look at this github link and suggest me about the further changes -

Thanks and Regards,
Arnab

It will be great, if you do the changes in the file I have given you the link of…and send me to my email - superarnab@gmail.com

For making things easy, I have made a new branch out of master and changed the front_payment.php according to your changes till date. Here is the link -

This is from the most current branch.

Please check for any discrepancy from your directions provided to me…and also make the necessary changes to it like the $fee changes…I will be highly obliged…

You can send it to my email ID - superarnab@gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,

Arnab Naha

arnabnaha wrote on Thursday, November 05, 2015:

Hi visolve,

I only want you to tell me how to show the AMOUNT TO BE PAID FOR PAST VISIT in the receipt. It is the amount which the patient has left due in the previous encounters. I want to print them on the receipt, this is not the amount which the patient pays now for the last visit but the due which he needs to pay for his last encounter.

kanoberson wrote on Monday, January 30, 2017:

Hello ViSolve,

We, Pohnpei Community Health Center- in Micronesia, had used your services in 2016 for some custom coding. I don’t have any programming skills, so sorry I can’t do coding contributions to projects, although I had made a small monetary contribution to the OpenEMR project and looking foreward to making more monetary contributions cause I do like the project. Reason for this post is that I wanted to know if there is a possibility to include an incrementing receipt number printed on payment receipts. We collect payments(mostly cash) to be deposited into a government account and they require incrementing receipt numbers for audit purposes. I mentioned that I don’t have programming skills, but I can cut and past codes.

Thank you

Kanoberson Asher