Recall Board menu disappeared

I cannot find it on both my client’s and test installations. And now it disappeared from all demos too. Yesterday it was there on one of the demos (don’t remember which one). Today I didn’t find any demos with this menu.

I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1(6). All demo version is 5.0.1(5).
Tested with FireFox, Chrome and IE11.
My installations are on AWS Linux (not Ubuntu).
Could not find anything useful in the log files.

Hi @alexvolin ,

Do you mean the menu at the top:

To do this, need to turn on:
Administration->Globals->Connectors->Enable MedEx Communication Service

-brady

Thank you, @brady.miller ! It helped. I noticed this setting earlier in Globals but was sure it’s only for those who had MedEx subscription. I didn’t so I passed it by.

But unchecking it makes the Recall Board practically useless. Does it mean that the Recall Board can be used only if you have the MedEx account?

-alex

The Recall Board without MedEx is quite useful as it converts a previous “paper” task to an electronic task within the EHR. It is a location for storing a patient list for those who need to schedule an appointment.

The Recall Board is fully functional without MedEx. New Recalls are added in the Message Center. From the list of people who need a follow-up appointment, you can select patients based on location, provider, recall date range (etc) to:

• print mailing labels
  • create postcards locally
  • notate phone calls your staff make regarding this recall

When an appointment is scheduled for a given patient in the calendar (within 3 months of the recall date), it is auto-deleted from the Recall Board, or you can delete it manually (eg. they are have moved and won’t be returning).

The Recall functions from MedEx simply perform the messaging components (e-mail, SMS or phone), if you wish to use it to recall the patients. It categorizes the progress of each patient using a color scheme and adds a sub-menu to navigate MedEx’s features.

If you don’t need recalls you should check the Global " Recall Board: Disable". The Recall Board will disappear from your top menu as well!

Thank you @rmagauran for the detailed explanation. No doubt the RecallBoard is a great tool for medical practice. My remark was about a bit confusing name for the option‘ 'Enable MedEx Communication Service’ that just turns on/off the Board menu.

The submenu in Messages, Flow Board and Recall Board was purposefully hidden for non-MedEx users to not “advertise” any one product over another. Also, we did not want to step on Robert’s toes when it comes to UI changes. Best to leave what is there intact.

However this forum post suggests maybe it would be worth including the submenu, cause without it it is “completely worthless”? Strong words that I do not agree with but then again I use the submenu all the time because I am using MedEx…

This is a design decision that I am not going to make. We can recode these three pages to include the menu without MedEx references if others feel the menu is worth having in place. Others may feel it just clutters up the valuable screen real estate.

If the codebase maintainers/Board want that menu in place, we will proceed. Anything related to MedEx would only be visible in the submenu if the global box is checked.

Please let me know…

Ray