Questionnaire/Assessment feature implementation instructions

Hi @sjpadgett
Actually, keeping in mind that I am not a dev, merely the relay-person in this discussion… :slight_smile:
This may be the relevant question:
‘Perhaps he has a relational data transformation implemented already somewhere’

We’re trying to access the results of questionnaires, primarily ones answered in the portal, and feed them into an analytics tool. It’s looking like we’d need to transform the JSON files to tailor the data to the analytics database, unless you have already done that someplace?

• HT

Okay first when a questionnaire is completed from portal and accepted in review audit, responses will be stored to encounter forms form_questionnaire_assessments with pid and user = portal-user.
Also form gets saved to questionnaire_response table.

Since the responses is a FHIR Questionnaire Response resource json object in order to get to question/answer pairs the object will need to be parsed. Not so easy to do on forms that are deeply nested.
I do have a function to flatten the array for the encounter report. Look at interface/forms/questionnaire_assessments/report.php

If you guys create a function to parse other than flattening the array please consider donating it to me.

@sjpadgett Thanks a lot Jerry, that sounds like exactly what we’re looking for.
And I’m pretty sure that any work our devs do will be FOSS, so you’ll get yours!
Best- HT

Not sure if I should post this here or in a new thread but here we go.
Working on a scoring questionnaire in a pt’s portal account and it works fine, generates a score and everything.
If I save the completed form in the portal then select it from documents, it returns with the answers but the score is 0.
If I have the completed questionnaire but go straight to ‘submit the doc’ without saving, it appears to have been submitted in the portal.
Then I go to the EMR and see it in the audit list. The answers are present but score is 0.

Interestingly, some cases which I haven’t figured out yet, in the EMR audit the answers get reset to not answered.

Can anybody give some ideas where to look to correct this? Would it have to do with the fact that the OpenEMR is 7.0.0 (2) ? Also, I don’t have access to the server logs but could find somebody who did if needeed.
Thanks!

• HT

I would find it really useful to be able to populate the answer choices for a ‘choice’ question from lists that exist in the openemr, this could make them dynamic, and also cut down on the work involved in creating a questionnaire if a list already exists for some other purpose.

i’m kind of assuming this isn’t possible at the moment, but wondering if ‘Answer list source’ could be used in some way?

is it something that might be on the cards, or if not how difficult might it be to implement - i might have a go myself.

thanks

Hi across the pond @ruth
It’s something I’ll look into.
Also @htuck Sorry but I missed your post 5 months ago. I am retesting audit for questionnaires before patch.

2 Likes

thanks jerry - that’s great

1 Like

Hi Jerry- Cool, thanks!

1 Like