I hope that everyone is doing well.
In regards to OpenEMR’s FHIR implementation, it has been stated before that the goal for this effort is to implement FHIR as a means of integration/interoperability with other systems, rather than implementing a fully conformant server with all of the trimmings. Would it be helpful to do some additional design and capture the high level changes that are required?
For example, I’m thinking of things such as the following (this is a mixed bag between implementation ideas and the FHIR spec that I need to organize)
- HTTP Request and Response Headers Utilized
- Will we allow clients to indicate if they would like an OperationOutcome result?
- FHIR Service base class to ensure uniform service implementations.
- Common FHIR request handling for uniform response and status codes
- Document supported resources and search terms
@yashrajbothra 's project proposal and the existing code in OpenEMR provide us with an excellent starting point. I would be happy to work with @yashrajbothra to update his documentation to provide additional detail, if that would be helpful. We can then post the document for review.
Of course if there is an effort underway, I certainly don’t want to be disruptive and am happy to assist with that if needed.
Regardless, @yashrajbothra it may be helpful if we connect to review some of the recent changes that have been merged.