Portal registration error

How does this happen?

If you look at the patient registration form, it exposes a lot of fields that patients have no business dealing with, such as PID. ( Administrator assigned, provider, care team, etc., plus stuff we should think twice and then again about asking like race and ethnicity.)
I’m guessing that if the patient makes no entry in that field, it passes a NULL or zero, just one more reason not to confuse people by giving them access to internal DB stuff they shouldn’t hve to deal with.

A patient has the right to view any charted items. Nothing is/should be hidden from patient view including notes/diagnosis account permissions or PID which is their internal MRN and on…

But putting it in the registration invites them clicking in the box and entering a duplicate number, or creating a null as happened to Sherwin, invalidating their registration.
They certainly can know their MRN, but most won’t want to.

I don’t want to distract you while you’re working on more important issues, but at some point, addressing very fine-grained access will be necessary-a question about teenagers and confidentiality-required by law in California.
(TL;DR-- Anything related to sex, mental illness or drug use, and parents do NOT have an automatic right to see the patient’s record. Starts about age 12.
Don’t argue with me, argue with the Attorney General.)

Minor Consent and Confidentiality Laws:

This is a colossal headache. Does OpenEMR have any tools to deal with this?

Beats me! Still it’s up to admin’s to review new patients from registration because there is nothing stopping someone from entering false info to register! Also asking the patient for their particulars regarding sensitive info is allowed as up to patient to give the info i.e… not required or forced to divulge.
Moreover, you can prevent any option from being seen in portal or registration by setting ‘exclude in portal’ option in layouts…

:grinning: :grinning:
I think the answer becomes NOT putting certain things in EMRs. If the data isn’t there, no one can see it.