Patient's status in demographics page

Hello,
We have suggestion to add new status indication in OpenEMR demographics page.
The status is about whether the patient’s record is active in use or not(like the indication of DECEASED status in demographics page).
Admin/Physician can change the patient status field whenever they need.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Would users be able to decide which statuses a patient can be in, or is it just “active” or “inactive.”

If the former, I’d suggest a list tied to a for, element on demographics. Easy enough for Layout based forms, cou,d be useful by default

I am interested a patient status active inactive deceased noshow non-compliant in-collection etc etc (maintained via list).

I may wish to add such a column to the database. I have several patients who have died, transferred care to another doctor, etc. I would like to be able to filter for specific status(es) in the patient finder.
–RBL

Doc,
This is a very realistic business need. May be this can be done via a custom report form to achieve the desired results.
-ViSolve

This would need to be front facing and best place may be in header next to patient name (status) and maintenance of status could be a LBF added to one of the demographic tabs. The status would be an user maintained list in list options.

1 Like

I accomplished this by:

1. Creating a list of the “patient status” under Administration->Lists (+new list)

2. Editing the demographics page in the
    Administration->Layout editor:

3. Edited the finder php files to include patient_status wherever it made sense to include it (searched for lname). I would be willing to send my edited php files if anyone wants them.

4. Added patient_status to the Patient List Columns list.

–Ralf

1 Like