Patient Portal / View CCD not working

btw for all I will upgrade and test for node v18 here soon but currently Brady has working in an Alpine docker demo.

Will have to wait Iā€™ve spent over an hour trying to figure out getting this working with Node 16 and Almalinux 9.1 only shows Node 18, any older versions i try just dont work or I get node is not running error, so iā€™ll have to wait as downgrading does not seem to be working in my case.

Okay, Iā€™ll spin up a docker and figure out what I need for v18 and for windows also. Maybe later this eveningā€¦

1 Like

Mark if I give you a patch to support v18+ do want to try?

Sure I can try in a bit

let me know when its up :slight_smile:

what version of node are you trying to use?

Right now all the node versions I tried seemed to have messed up the o/s so iā€™ll have to do a reinstall later as I dont know enough linux to fix the issue. Node 18 is installed but wont run from command line and reinstalling does not work either.

Here is a patch that I have tested on node version 18.13 the latest.
What you need to do is purge your node install the reinstall. For Ubuntu youā€™ll find a command to do that in the README in ccdaservice directory. Though youā€™re not using Ubuntu the command may still help you get an idea or since itā€™s linux the may work anyway.

Once you get node/npm installed be sure your ccdaservice directory has current files from production/patch install. Recm simply delete it thenreplace from install tar.

Then install attached patch and try installing. Take a look at the README as Iā€™ve updated and may be helpful.

Good luck.

support_node_v18.13.0_ccdaservice_patch.zip (79.5 KB)

1 Like

Well this is odd, an o/s reinstall has installed v16 so once I have the domain setup locally which should be soon iā€™ll give it a shot :smiley:

So I gave this a try with v16 that somehow was installed now and getting this error:

[13-Jan-2023 13:21:55 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: Undefined array key ā€œsent_by_appā€ in /home/tem/public_html/interface/modules/zend_modules/public/index.php on line 41
[13-Jan-2023 21:21:55 Europe/London] Node is not installed on the system. Connection failed

Oh and node is certainly installed, as i can do node -v and get an output.

I donā€™t know what to say. I spent the better part of a day on getting v18 working so Iā€™m petered out on this just now.
Iā€™m giving a lecture on CCDA tomorrow on our weekly Saturday zoom call and suggest you join us.
My talks are very informal and welcome questions during and after the presentation.
We can also discuss your issue and perhaps come up with a solution.

Go to the ccdaservice directory and run node serveccda if it fails then youā€™ll know it wonā€™t start.
Otherwise leave running and try to gen a ccda then check in directory to see if errors.
Also I log errors to a file in the system temp directory.

All are welcome to join me for the presentation tomorrow a 2pm EST.
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Weekly_Conference_Call_Details

1 Like

Hi,

Using the command node serveccda and then refreshing the page and it is working!
However when I stop the process running in putty and refresh the page again I get an error, so would assume the on-demand part of this is not running as it should be.

This may be todo with how virtualmin shell works, iā€™ll need to figure that out.

1 Like

Still trying to figure this out, seems like the on demand side of things is what is holding it up now. virtualmin pro was no help. iā€™ll come back to this tomorrow most likely unless someone else has suggestions.

if you installed the patch then you need to be on node 18. otherwise or even still run
npm install then
npm ci
in the ccdaservice dir.
This works as many are using.

Ouch, does this mean we need to get patch 3 out pretty soon? Canā€™t believe me missed that w/ ONC.