Patient Portal new user registration - something went wrong

Emails such as pw resets work, i tested that on a test account.

PHP version: PHP 7.4.28

Okay, I can’t test until later tonight. In middle of dev cleanup.
I’ll get back to you!
What TZ are you in and is this on your production machine?

Internal testing of 6.1 - I’m UK time zone so will be off to sleep very soon!

1 Like

Rec checking your openemr log (inside openemr) where may get more details on why the verify email process failed.

1 Like

Nothing in the Admin / System / Logs about this. I have debug logging enabled but this is not getting logged. The only error so far I’ve been able to pull was that php notice.

Perhaps jerry has a way for me to print on screen what the issue is what the registration is sent off?

F12 console shows:

Cookie “PortalOpenEMR” has been rejected because it is already expired. account.php
Does that help anymore? Is the email stuff being saved in that perhaps?

Wasn’t this working when you tested with new capcha

I was not getting the page to load in at all back then and assumed it was working when I set that capcha up as it appeared to load from then. I just got around to further testing this.

When changing users password for a test account, those emails are being sent, just not the self-registration email.

Okay. I haven’t tested since some security fixes before release so let me look into and perhaps you’ll wake up in morning to good news!:slight_smile:

Thanks again. The cookie warning shown in F12 console shows under firefox but not under chrome so thats something to point out too. I assume it might be part of the issue.

1 Like

This works well for me on FF. No cookie warnings.
Suggest you clear your browser cache and ensure you are using two different user agents if openemr and portal are ran on same machine. i.e Chrome and FF etc.

Still same error. Anything you can provide me to get this to spit out some of what its doing so we can debug it or find my issue? So far i’ve made no progress

Most likely Google is not accepting/verifying the email address. The may be because of app permission on your Google account or site domain doesn’t match the domain used to generate your reCAPTCHA keys.

To debug in code you can look here: portal/account/account.php around L-58

Found it, its when “All Languages Allowed” to be used is unticked in global settings. This option cannot be passed to the recapcha, so it fails on that for me.

Soon as I ticked that it began working!

Is that something you can add a check for in a patch?

2 Likes

Still the default language should have passed in so that’d be the bug. Glad you got working.

Did you get this logged? will you have a patch for it in the future? :slight_smile:

Our issue tracker is here Issues · openemr/openemr · GitHub. A bunch of us are pretty bogged down with a project for ONC certification. I’d recommend creating a new issue there so we can track this bug.

Are we sure this is not related to the user not entering the email, when this field in Globlas is checked off?

Enforce E-Mail in Portal Log On Dialog

@madmax , have a fix here: registration email verify fix when language menu is off by bradymiller · Pull Request #5072 · openemr/openemr · GitHub
(figured I should fix this since I am the one that broke it :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Just tested and appears to be working so far :slight_smile: