Patient Flow Tracker

Has anyone developed a fix for following problem?

When automatic encounter creation on check-in is set, encounters can be created by setting status in calendar OR as result of receiving co-payment from patient for that visit. However, payment route does not seem to initiate tracking. If subsequently status is set through tracker popup, additional encounter is created.

Update 1:
While reviewing code, noticed use of GLOBALS for storing an id created by previous activity (temporary-eid-for-manage-tracker). This will test ok for a single user with limited volume but GLOBALS (shared across application) invariably lead to data corruption if mult-user applications. SESSION may lessen the damage but relying on pure data oriented approach is ideal.

Hi @mdsupport ,

I remember this being brought up somewhere in the past. I don’t think this has been fixed yet. I know the copay auto-encounter mechanism wasn’t on our radar when the patient tracker was added. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too tough to fix by mimicking what was done when setting arrived status in calendar. And definitely feel free to clean up that mechanism; I don’t recall being very proud of needing to resort to using a global there :slight_smile:

-brady

Good points @mdsupport. The code dose need some changing.