Patient Document/Form Kiosk

One of the great ideas behind OpenEMR is the availability of core features to support many medical practice disciplines. Practice specific forms such as privacy agreements, financial/medical records release, history or in my case, opioid related forms, mostly, can not be generic canned forms, thus, $this.
I want to implement the onsite/dashboard portaldocument template feature into OpenEMR proper with the added capability to send the form to a touch tablet or workstation for patient to complete and sign. Form disposal would be to encounter or patient documents with overall development trying to stay away from any frameworks.
This really is a first step/testing ground into my adventure for a stand alone patient kiosk for OpenEMR which was my original intent before patient portal.
I’m posting here mainly to get some feedback, suggestions or opposition from those with more practical overall practice experience compared to my narrow experience from an Occupational Health practice to which I volunteer.
For those not aware, portal dashboard already has a template import and dedicated template editor with a place holder/tags insert pull down (this all started from Rod’s template download feature).

1 Like