Page Validation Rules in Lists an Issue for Windows

lol :smile:
I’ll see if can try it out on the windows xampp openemr package to get an idea of how extensive this bug is.

Some relatively good news. This bug did not impact the windows openemr/xampp package. I’ll bet it’s related to newer versions of mysql. Still plan to fix, but may not need to produce new 5.0.0 packages.

@brady.miller I checked the system I originally upgraded from 4.22 to 5.0.0 and the list_option are correct. That machine had hardware issues and I moved to different machine so I’m thinking the database import may have caused this issue. I import from mysql(maria) command line so what do you think? Maybe a fluke with my system or have you seen something?
May well be the command line restore not escaping the quotes?

Done some research on this, and the current code follows mysql guidelines:
Took following from mysql docs: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/string-literals.html

There are several ways to include quote characters within a string:

A ' inside a string quoted with ' may be written as ''.

A " inside a string quoted with " may be written as "".

Precede the quote character by an escape character (\).

A ' inside a string quoted with " needs no special treatment and need not be doubled or escaped. In the same way, " inside a string quoted with ' needs no special treatment.

Note the bottom one should cover all this, so I think we can chalk this up to something strange happening (ie fluke) with the import. So, as you eluded to above, may be best to move on silently :slight_smile:

-brady

Actually, will need to confirm that MariaDB is same as mysql also. All I could find was following which does not mention the bottom item above:

Still bugs me though. I keep seeing little inconsistencies (I call em quirks) and experience tell me something structural. One being, sometime a return from encounter goes to white screen(driving me nuts:)). I believe sessions is being rewritten losing some params which maybe points to maintenance timers.
Anyway, did you note that only the leading slash is left in the string yet the quote is missing. Don’t think I could do that even if I set out to. I’ll take another look…