Openemr setup hangs in FEMP stack

Ok, here is my setup. I have been at this for days. I need help.
FreeBSD 12.1
Nginx 1.18
Mysql 8.0
PHP 7.4
I would like to make this work. However, my logs are not very forthcoming at all.
The install is hanging at the setup step:

Nginx error log says:

2020/04/29 00:14:00 [error] 6023#100984: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined index: collate in /usr/local/www/openemr/setup.php on line 984” while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: myserver.com, request: “POST /setup.php?site=default HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/tmp/php-fpm.sock:”, host: “myserver.com
2020/04/29 00:15:00 [error] 6023#100984: *1 upstream timed out (60: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: myserver.com, request: “POST /setup.php?site=default HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/tmp/php-fpm.sock”, host: “myserver.com

php-fpm log just says:

ready to handle connections

I am not sure how to see the MySQL 8 log, but I have created the openemr user, with the mysql_native_password, and the database has been created. The problem started initially, when the program attempted to switch to the openemr user. I noticed that it had not been given privileges, so I set that up manually in Mysql 8.
Still, the install is not progressing.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sandra

I dropped the database and restarted setup. Now I get this message from openemr:

ERROR . unable to execute SQL: ‘INSERT INTO lang_definitions VALUES (109553, 584, 23, ‘E’ stato creato e linkato un oggetto GCAC incompleto. E’ necessario completarlo in seguito.’)’ due to: Writing one row to the row-based binary log failed

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

MySQL 8 broke some things in the codebase. You may want to consider using a slightly older version.

If MySQL 8 is a hard requirement there should hopefully be some fixes in the next patch.

I see, so no one has been able to set up openemr with MySQL 8?

hi @gutiersa, pretty sure it’s running, haven’t loaded the insane environment in a little while but sounds like it’s time to check in on it.

Hi Sandra,

Looks like the patch with some MySQL 8 fixes was just posted a few hours ago.

Are you using docker? If you repull the flex docker it might fix things for you.

1 Like

Unfortunately docker is broken for FreeBSD.

Apart from few checks, primary task of setup is running mysql LOAD statement. If you are developer, you can help by loading database.sql directly - either from shell or other tools like phpmyadmin. If import is ok that eliminates mysql setup issues and isolates problem to setup.exe load code.

1 Like

Ok, then. This is my setup now:
FreeBSD 12.1
Nginx 1.18
Mysql 5.7
PHP 7.4
OpenSSL 1.1.1d-freebsd
Openemr 5.0.2 patch 2

I am able to install openemr but when login in as the administrator, I get the blank screen.
My address bar has:

https://example.com/interface/main/tabs/main.php?token_main=a really long string here.

My error logs are pretty useless.

Seems that it is my very aggressive SSL configuration that is breaking my install.
I will update this thread when I know more.

I haven’t checked the docker or a specific release but but the master source code works fine with mysql8. I haven’t caught up in any error since i started. I can try setting up a same enviornmt as yours if you are still planning to use mysql8 .

Yes, I think it is important for improved security.

It will be a great help to reproduce the error If you can specify the instruction you followed to run openemr with mysql.