OpenEMR Google Sign-On

Situation
I am trying to use the google sign on option for logging in to the instance. But it isn’t working. I have got the google sign in button on the login page and have also got the client id from google.

After I log-in to google using sign on button it takes me to the same login page. Nothing happens!

EMR is at: yodoc.thehealthlync.com/yodocemr

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 6.1.0

Browser:
I’m using: Google Chrome

Operating System
Windows

Logs
Did you check the logs?
Was there anything pertinent in them?
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

@ken Would you give a hand?

This is the error I am getting if I try Google Sign On:

1. details: You have created a new client application that uses libraries for user authentication or authorization that will soon be deprecated. New clients must use the new libraries instead; existing clients must also migrate before these libraries are deprecated. See the Migration Guide for more information."
  2. error: “idpiframe_initialization_failed”

I visited your site and did some preliminary research. In the error console there is an exception thrown by the googld API client library.

You have created a new client application that uses libraries for user authentication or authorization that will soon be deprecated. New clients must use the new libraries instead; existing clients must also migrate before these libraries are deprecated. See the [Migration Guide](https://developers.google.com/identity/gsi/web/guides/gis-migration) for more information.

It’s possible that we can catch the exception and ignore the error for now, but it looks like newly generated clients will have to use an updated client library. I’ll have to see how much effort this. We are on vacation until after the 4th, but maybe I can see if Dan @growlingflea can help (he helped with this initial implementation)

Ken

1 Like

Hi, I could get my google sign on working by using one client application I created some time ago. Thanks.

I can take a look but I won’t be able to do anything for the next few days.

1 Like

Should I bump up the google api version while I updating the ado dependency?
What version?

Hey there. I can take a look. I was camping the last week.

I am having the same problem. I did everything as described by @Pushkar_Pushkar . I cannot login. Any resolution.

Hi guys I’m facing the same issue with AWS OpenEMR 6.1. Went through the steps to set up Google SSO, the login dialog box appears and accepts the Google creds but does not let me into the EMR application. Any progress? Thanks.

Hi guys I’m facing the same issue with OpenEMR 7. Any progress? Thanks.

it shows
You have created a new client application that uses libraries for user authentication or authorization that will soon be deprecated. New clients must use the new libraries instead; existing clients must also migrate before these libraries are deprecated. See the Migration Guide for more information.

@ken @growlingflea
Can we get a little help on this.

Sorry, haven’t been logged in the last few days. I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like