OpenEMR flex docker updated

No Worries @brady.miller. My internet Issues will be fixed today. So this update is right on time!

2 Likes

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to better support the developer tools (thank you @prondubuisi for the improvements). This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:
docker pull openemr/openemr:flex

-brady

Hello @brady.miller, I think we now support e2e, the next thing to work on is a docker environment setting to turn on the api, if that is the case, I will go ahead to create an issue for that on Github

1 Like

hi @prondubuisi ,
Yep, e2e is now supported. API setting is the next thing to do :slight_smile:

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to support several new features:

1. php-log developer tool shortcut (@prondubuisi)
  2. Support for PATCH apache method (inspired by @yashrajbothra)
  3. Support to switch on REST API by default (@prondubuisi)

This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

-brady

1 Like

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to fix a npm bug (docker run - npm error · Issue #3297 · openemr/openemr · GitHub). This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

-brady

1 Like

Hi @stephenwaite

I tried the sudo usermod -aG docker $USER command, closed and reopened my terminal window but I’m still seeing:

Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.40/containers/json?all=1: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied

Can you advise?

hi @RachelEllison, when you type groups at your prompt like

rachel@ubuntu:~$ groups

what does it show?

It returns the below

rachelelli adm cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin lxd sambashare

looks like it didn’t like $USER
try replacing that with your username

tried using rachelelli instead of $USER. Still no luck

Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.40/containers/json?all=1: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied

rachelelli adm cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin lxd sambashare

@stephenwaite

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I need to add the docker group first.

1 Like

@stephenwaite nevermind the nevermind.

I tried that and it told me the docker group already exists.

I also tried restarting docker, still no luck.

Okay, figured it out for real this time. Closing the terminal and reopening it doesn’t appear to refresh group settings. If I logged out and logged back in it might have worked. I was able to get it to work by using the newgrp command.

1 Like

there’s nothing better than

allow it to write to Unix socket used by docker.

:robot:

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to support some more dev tools (psr12 and several more automated testing categories) (again, thank you @prondubuisi !). This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

-brady

1 Like

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to support some more dev tools (automated testing categories). This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

-brady

1 Like

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to support some more dev tools (a lint checker for css/scss). This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

-brady

1 Like

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to support a new feature that allows setting any of the OpenEMR globals. Here is an example of use:

This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

(note this feature is also going to be available in the production dockers from 5.0.3+)

-brady

1 Like

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated to use recently released Alpine 3.12. This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

-brady

Hi,

For developers. The OpenEMR flex docker has been updated with added support for xdebug and profiling. Instructions for use of xdebug and profiling are in step 10 of openemr/CONTRIBUTING.md at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub . This docker is used in the docker development environments. So, recommend updating your local flex docker via:

-brady

1 Like