How to install OpenEMR Cloud Express Plus
I’m using OpenEMR version - Nothing at this point
I’m using: Chrome mostly - but also Mozilla and MS Edge occasionally
Windows 10 > Windows 7
I am a physician starting a small solo practice. I have limited computer skills and am looking for a inexpensive alterantive EMR. My search led me to OpenEMR. I believed - and continue to believe - that a cloud-based solution would be best for me given my limited computer skills and the limited resources I have to install, maintain and personalize a local installation. I wanted the least expensive solution for a HIPAA comliant system. Using the table below, it would seem that Cloud Express Plus would be the best option:
Now . . . I had previously installed a version of Cloud Express using the OpenEMR Wiki and video tutorial below as a guide (I have since abandoned Cloud Express as I could not successfully connect to the instance . . . and it does not appear to be HIPAA compliant).
So I used this same method to try to install Cloud Express Plus but for some reason cannot find it on EC2 launch. [This is odd because I have created a Cloud Express Plus instance on AWS previously but had to terminate it as the instance would not continue to connect - similar to the problem I had with Cloud Express]. So I searched the web and came upon this at github, but admittedly do not know what to do with the information presented.
Soooo . . . several questions:
- Is OpenEMR Cloud Express Plus the lowest cost HIPAA compliant cloud-based solution (vs Shared Host/Lightsail and Cloud Express)
- If so, what is the easiest method of installation: via AWS . . . via Github (assuming it can even be done through the latter)
- If AWS - how to do it?
- If Github - how to do it? As mentioned, I am not tech savy (https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Cloud_Express_Plus_Data_Sheet)
- Would this all be easier if I just went with a Google Cloud launch?
- Is the Google Cloud option HIPAA compliant?(https://console.cloud.google.com/marketplace/details/oemr-public/openemr-launchpad?pli=1).
As mentioned above, I have previously successfully created OpenEMR instances on AWS, but have had problems connecting to them (and have raised these concerns in other posts). I have since terminated these instances. As I typically use Winows PCs or Chromebooks, maybe this Google solution makes the most sense for me???
Thank you for any help you can provide.