OpenEMR doesnt recognizes characters and accents

Situation

Good afternoon dear

I’m having a problem with the OpenEMR system at my place of work and asked for your help in resolving it.
This is the following, I have been using the OpenEMR System since 2015, when I migrated the Database to version 5.0.0 of the system, the system no longer recognizes the characters and accents whenever I import the database into MySQL.
I asked for your help so I could solve it.

Thank you.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR 5.0.0

Browser:
I’m using: Google Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Windows 7 with IIS, php and Mysql servers.

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

If you still have access to the old database, check to see what character sets and collation the databases and tables were using.

1 Like

I have access to the old database, is the same, and I don´t know why I´m still getting this.
I try to delete manually the database, and create again with the utf8_general_ci but still doing the same.

and I would like to know how can I turn Soap2 and Evaluation form on, when I import my database on the system, these two forms do not show the content, appears blank.

Hi,
I seem to have a similar problem that is related to international accents. It doesn’t seem to be a database related problem, I never had this in earlier versions. I’m using 5.0.0 and 5.0.1git.
Some forms accept ö ä è etc, some don’t, like when I’m trying to add an entry for doctors (=Ärzte) in the ACL list it is not accepted. I posted another question some days ago acl accent issues .
A form that does accept these characters and accents does not guarantee it being entered into the database. Some fields are just left empty…