Openemr directory placement

Hello to all,
I’m trying to confirm the proper place to upload the openemr directory. The wiki says it should be placed within the html directory however, when I do that it doesn’t work. Reading thru the forum I see that it’s placement was initially in var/www/ then changed to var/www/ html/ by Ubuntu. Apparently Brady did something that would allow it to work where it’s supposed to be now in Ubuntu which is in html. Could someone please elucidate me? My current Ubuntu 18.04 instance has it in /var/www/.

Thank you,

Henry

hi @hamd, do you see an openemr.conf file in /etc/apache2/sites-available?

Hi Stephen,

Yes the file is there and contains the following;

OpenEMR Package Apache configuration

Alias /openemr /var/www/openemr
<Directory “/var/www/openemr”>
AllowOverride None

<Directory “/var/www/openemr/interface/modules/zend_modules/public”>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.
$ /openemr/interface/modules/zend_modules/public/index.php [NC,L]

<Directory “/var/www/openemr/portal/patient”>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule (.) /openemr/portal/patient/index.php?_REWRITE_COMMAND=$1 [QSA,L]

<Directory "/var/www/openemr/sites/
/documents">
order deny,allow
Deny from all

<Directory “/var/www/openemr/sites//edi">
order deny,allow
Deny from all

<Directory "/var/www/openemr/sites/
/era”>
order deny,allow
Deny from all

I am running Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS and Openemr 5.0.1(7)

Thank you,

Henry

hi @hamd then would edit this file to use /var/www/html when you go to upgrade to v6, background on the move

Hi Stephen,

Could you show me what lines to edit in the file?
I would assume that I need to change the position of the openemr file after editing the above file.
Could this explain why when I tried upgrading to 5.0.2 that it wouldn’t pull up the eye form files?
Is the openemr file and the other files along the path like site and default supposed to be root or www-data?

Thank you,

Henry

hi @hamd, it’s your base directory here so if this wasn’t set correctly you wouldn’t be able to pull up openemr at all.

Just find /var/www/ and replace with /var/www/html/ if you’d like when you go to upgrade. It’s always good to confirm that the upgrade can process this change when it comes to where documents are stored. Have a feeling this isn’t the cause of any issue you are hinting at.