OpenEMR Development Demo is back up

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, March 14, 2017:

Hi,

The OpenEMR Development demo is finally back up (now sporting Ubuntu 16.04):
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Development_Demo#Daily_Build_Development_Demo

Plan to bring this over to the other demos (and up for grab demos) over the next couple days.

-brady
OpenEMR

Hi,
Just fixed some issues with the above development demo and it is now up and working.
-brady
OpenEMR

Demo is running really slowly for me… anyone else?

Thanks,
Matthew

looks like the daily install has failed at the initial setup screen:
UNABLE to open file ‘/var/www/html/openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php’ for writing.

Hi,

Still noting some erratic issues on the development demo. @stephenwaite, that error is because it was unable to download the translation file from another appliance on my server. Should get it worked out soon.

@MatthewVita, regarding speed, since there are many appliances going on the server, the server seems to give priorities to the ones that are used. So, if you use the development demo for a couple minutes it should speed up. Of course, using a server that is using Ubuntu 8.04 with VMware server version 1 is likely not helping things.

-brady

thanks @brady.miller

maybe there’s a non-profit org that can donate some hardware?

hashtag oemr :slight_smile:

I have a terribly hacky suggestion… because potential end users will be confused/disheartened if the demo is slow, we can run a cron job to hit an openemr page every 3 minutes or so.

Would this work for now?

@stephenwaite , A new server is on my christmas list. Then the sky will be the limit :slight_smile:
(btw, I am glad to cover this since will be using it also for other geeky non openemr stuff)

@MatthewVita , Sounds like a good idea. The reason the main 5.0 demo runs smoothly is because it gets used almost all day. What would be a good command to run from cron to do this? If needed, could even drop in a more intensive php script in the server which would hit to keep the engine going.

-brady

May be some room to optimize it on the vm end also. looks like 500MB memory for this vm may not be enough since seems to be using swap memory. When have time will increase the memory to see if that helps; issue with that is that the main server itself may then go into swap memory if vm’s take up to much memory…

think it’s back down, i was researching my own error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function sqlStatementNoLog() in /var/www/html/emr/library/translation.inc.php:39\nStack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/emr/library/lists.inc(44): xl('Default')
#1 /var/www/html/emr/library/acl.inc(26): require_once('/var/www/html/e...')
#2 /var/www/html/emr/acl_setup.php(33): require_once('/var/www/html/e...')
#3 /var/www/html/emr/library/classes/Installer.class.php(565): require('/var/www/html/e...')
#4 /var/www/html/emr/library/classes/Installer.class.php(390): Installer->get_require_contents('/var/www/html/e...')
#5 /var/www/html/emr/setup.php(563): Installer->install_gacl()
#6 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/emr/library/translation.inc.php on line 39, referer: http://localhost/emr/setup.php?site=default

so went to check the mother ship…

noticed that you had stated " that error is because it was unable to download the translation file from another appliance on my server. Should get it worked out soon."

Hi,

That error was because the development codebase was a bit “broken” today (as a result of one of my code review suggestions :slight_smile: ) and a fix was checked in a couple hours ago. These things can happen occasionally in the development codebase especially since the number of daily commits is getting larger.

Regarding the translation file collection, I am gonna implement a more solid strategy on the translation file collection in the demo to avoid that issue.

-brady
OpenEMR

that’s great it was fixed so quickly because the dev tip installed fine, thank you very much

ps i was not asked to register the product and the product_registratoin table is empty on login :frowning:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getRegistrationId() on null in /var/www/html/emr/services/product_registration_service.php:55
Stack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/emr/interface/product_registration/product_registration_controller.php(47): services\\ProductRegistrationService->getProductStatus()
#1 /var/www/html/emr/interface/product_registration/product_registration_controller.php(41): ProductRegistrationController->get()
#2 /var/www/html/emr/interface/product_registration/product_registration_controller.php(75): ProductRegistrationController->__construct()
#3 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/emr/services/product_registration_service.php on line 55, referer: http://23.30.162.115/emr/interface/main/about_page.php

@brady.miller can you use something simple like this on the server:

*/5 * * * * curl -s -i -H "Accept: text/html" -H "Content-Type: text/html" -X GET localhost/openemr/interface/login/login.php >/dev/null 2>&1 

BTW, this solution is not elegant whatsoever :slight_smile:

@MatthewVita ,

I’ll look into that. Changing the actual demo takes a bit of work since it’s triggered to go whenever I starts it (it can be done but have been lazy so far :slight_smile: ). I think giving it a bit more memory will be helpful which plan to do when have time.

I did do some work on optimizing the main server that runs the demo farm; I removed a daily backup script that took hours and lots of processing/memory which seems to have speed things up. Just doing that seemed to speed the demo up quite a bit.

-brady
OpenEMR