OpenEMR as an e-clinic

@sjpadgett Do you have a PR open for the Patient Portal testing?

@sjpadgett in the patient portal, can u make the calendar in book for appointment similar to the one used in the main login page? this will be better as it will enable the patient easily book for an appointment.

Elijah Wisdom

@Elijah_Wisdom @robertovasquez The appointment in portal was based on Openemr v4.2.2. I was waiting for another developer to finish their modification to that module before I update the portal. I believe they are done so I may revisit soon

@robertovasquez Believe the PR has been closed. Another one will be opened soon when I start finishing the ccda service integration, change Patient Documents look and turn on permanent locking etc. If you want me to open another so you can do some mod’s, let me know.

@sjpadgett nice one i await your update. Also for my use case how will I incorporate a payment gateway or API in OpenEMR that will enable the patient to make payment through the patient portal. Note i have seen the invoice that was sent to the patient for payment. Can it be two options like 1. The patient is in the hospital and wants to make cash payment and he or she selects the pay cash option.
2. The patient selects the pay with card option where the Payment gateway or API now loads to enable the transaction.

Elijah Wisdom

@Elijah_Wisdom I was heading in that direction but this has been tried before in OpenEMR. The issue is there are so many different gateways and different authentication methods it becomes difficult to find a generic approach. This is something that may have to be custom done on a clinic basis and build a gateway database along the way.
I don’t see how cash payment would be done in portal. Seems that would be a payment in OpenEMR.

@sjpadgett, We do not need to open a PR, The schedule new app is not total synchronize because of the modifications on the module. excellent job Jerry, please keep me in the loop
Roberto

@robertovasquez Thanks and I will.

@sjpadgett thanks i will notify you when i need that part to be done. Am still testing the patient portal though.

@sjpadgett can i have your email address?

Elijah Wisdom

@Elijah_Wisdom sjpadgett@gmail.com

@sjpadgett in the patient portal what’s the reason for the secure chat when you have a messaging available i feel that the secure chat should be removed so that it won’t deviate from a patient who wants to ask his or her doctor for medical assistance or advice via the portal.

Elijah Wisdom

Chat was meant to be done by appointment once I finish the appointments. It is also first step to video chat intended maybe for home telehealth. Eventually it will be able to be turn off in settings.

@sjpadgett nice one. now I see where you’ve headed it is a great one then. when the video chat is incorporated I believe it will be a game changer for OpenEMR. We can let it be then. Also, did you receive my mail?

Elijah Wisdom

Just to expand some on what I see the portal direction to be with patient portal. Portal as we know it today will not be needed once FHIR is implemented. FHIR patient clients will allow for features such as medication, labs, document transfer and demographics while a patient portal will become more of a communication tool between provider and patient. FHIR is what is really going to be a game changer once we line up the resources to complete.
-Jerry
edit and I did receive mail…

@sjpadgett Okay nice one. So what are the resources required?

• Elijah Wisdom

As always funding for developer talent. @MatthewVita already has a jump on the back end and I on the client with more required.

1 Like

@sjpadgett i will try my best in making a donation and encourage others to do same so as to make it a success.
-Elijah Wisdom

Hello Elijah,

You seems to have dirty your hands a bit with OpenEMR. I am based in Abuja and just moving in here from OpenMRS (Lead a strong movement that has resulted in adoption of OpenMRS as national platform for HIV/AIDS EMR). I am here as a result of gaps and results from public and private clinics to have complete EHR.

Can we connect?

Yes we can Joseph.
i’ll PM you my contacts, i reside in Abj too.