Openemr-app Android OpenEMR client

cybercod wrote on Wednesday, December 21, 2011:

I was getting that after changing the server.  The buttons were trying to move beyond the login, using the information from the other server.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the app.

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, December 21, 2011:

Odd,
Uninstalled and cleared data of the app, but still getting the error after reinstall it. (haven’t changed any of the settings) Also cleared the session/cookie/history stuff in the browser.
-brady

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, December 21, 2011:

Now working after clicked some of the buttons.
-brady

yehster wrote on Wednesday, December 21, 2011:

Try hitting the triangle, then home.
Then type the login info in and hit login.
From there the regular frames will display, but you can then use the triangle to access other sections at that point.

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, December 22, 2011:

hi,
This is very cool. Huge potential here. Just seeing appointments/statuses from a smartphone is very nice. Agree with yehster that will need some complementing changes within OpenEMR’s codebase. Will be helpful is to get input as to priortization of the buttons that show when hit the triangle (ie. order, what is missing, what is not missing). I’d also suggest adding a ‘Site Name’ (or something like that) to the OpenEMR Settings and have it default to ‘default’. Then should place this GET parameter at end of each link ‘site=<Site Name>’ in the triangle button links and the default page link after opening the app for those using it in frames mode. This will then support sites that are using the multisite module.
-brady

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, December 22, 2011:

Hi,
Actually, I don’t think you need to add the site=<Site Name> stuff to each button link. I think you only need to add it to the login page. The SESSION variables should then take care of the rest.
-brady

cybercod wrote on Thursday, December 22, 2011:

We’re working on button selection dialogs.  42 possible choices for the 12 buttons, as of right now.  That way you can have whatever layout works best for you.

If we can have some idea what would be a good default layout, that’d be helpful.

I plan on making the triangle drawer button a little bigger and more transparent.  or at least add some customization.

I think you guys could probably get away with making a duplicate track through the system and then paring down and fixing the flowthrough issues.  There’s also the javascript stuff that lets you call android widgets and functions from within site code to make it even more versatile if you wanna go that route.  There is a HUGE amount of potential here.  I think users are really gonna win out, and thats always a good thing. :wink:

yehster wrote on Thursday, December 22, 2011:

Personally, I’d rather be able to navigate with the menu button instead of the triangle.  I know there isn’t a lot of room, but that’s kind of the key to making a good mobile interface isn’t it :) 

We actually talked about that.  Making the preferences just one of the twelve buttons, and bringing up the drawer on a menu press.  It’d be a boon to those with hardware buttons for sure.

Its in the realm of doable, just gotta figure out how.  We are learning as we go.

yehster wrote on Thursday, December 22, 2011:

Is a javascript stub for top.restoreSession part of your current app?  Did that seem to help with things? Would be useful to know in thinking about server side changes that might help your efforts.

Nice job so far.  You are right in that the possibilities are quite vast.

yehster:

Not yet, no.  But javascript and soap are being worked on.

We’re currently tangled up trying to get button selection dialogs working.  15 buttons, 41  pages (currently) to choose from.  They’re about 80% done, but not quite right, they’re not updating properly, and we’re getting forcecloses when closing and re-opening the app after a button has been changed. Meh, must be because it is Thursday.  Never could get the hang of Thursdays.

There probably won’t be another version released for a bit while we’re getting these things hashed out.

cybercod wrote on Sunday, December 25, 2011:

Button assignment is working properly.

I could use some more information about what pages need to be removed from the button list possibilities.  If there are some that are broken, but that you guys may eventually try to fix server-side, I’d rather leave them in.  But if there are any pages that the user NEVER should be directed to, I need to know, so I can put this part down for a while and concentrate on other areas.

cybercod wrote on Monday, December 26, 2011:

Merry Christmas!  Button selection works.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38293434/OpenEMR.apk

cybercod wrote on Tuesday, December 27, 2011:

There are now 60 possible pages in the list.  I will narrow them down when I get some feedback.

We’re looking into making a button that will allow navigation to any of these pages, aside from the quickbuttons.  That way everything is reachable, even if it isn’t set on a specific button.

cybercod wrote on Friday, December 30, 2011:

New version hopefully implements the same function as the top.restoreSession via the Android cookiemanager.

There are a lot of changes, you will probably be required to uninstall old app before using, as changes in the preferences will keep it from over-installing.  Even if your device doesn’t refuse to over-install, a compete removal and reinstallation is recommended.

Also, there is a debugging option at the bottom of the preferences that will turn on little popups to let you know what the program is doing, so you can report bugs better.  Set it to 1 and it’ll spout all sorts of things at you.  Any other value in there should shut it up.

File is in the usual place.

If you get site ID errors, set one of the quickbuttons to Login and re-login.  The cookie is only captured after successfully logging in.

Hope your holidays are going well, we’re having a blast.

cybercod wrote on Saturday, December 31, 2011:

Forgot to mention that the port number is now a separate field in the prefs.  If you’re getting 404 errors, change that.  No trailing slash needed.

Debug option is now a checkbox.  You WILL need to remove and reinstall for this, as the value is boolean, instead of a string, and it’ll cause the app to force close.

Oops… was force closing on using an ip or domain name without “http://” at the front.  Fixed.  Coding is fun! :smiley:

cybercod wrote on Sunday, January 01, 2012:

There are now three user-definable buttons.  As of now you can’t change the text on the, just the destination.  I figured this might be handy.  If its a security risk, I can them back out.

You DO have to put http:// at the beginning of the custom URL’s.

Selecting them, you’ll find them at the bottom of that long list.

If someone would like to re-order those entries in a way that makes more sense to users, I’d be happy to make the changes.