OpenEMR 6.0.0 has been released!

OpenEMR 6.0.0 has been released!!!

OpenEMR 6.0.0 has numerous new features including an upgraded API supporting OAuth2, OIDC, FHIR, and SMART on FHIR in addition to user interface improvements, performance improvements, security improvements, support for 34 language translations, and new support for Kubernetes. Thanks goes to the OpenEMR community for producing this release.

It can be downloaded here:
https://open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Downloads

Online Demos can be found here:
https://www.open-emr.org/demo/

New feature list in OpenEMR 6.0.0:

• Numerous User Interface Improvements
  • Speed and Performance Optimizations
  • New Support for FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources)
  • New Support for SMART on FHIR
  • New Support for OAuth2
  • New Support for OIDC (OpenID Connect)
  • New Support For EasiPro (Patient Reported Outcomes)
  • New Support for Kubernetes
  • New Docker Support for Raspberry Pi
  • New Support for Argon Password Hashing
  • New Database Support for utf8mb4 Encoding
  • Patient Portal Improvements
  • REST API Improvements
  • Installer Improvements
  • Patient Dashboard Improvements
  • LDAP Improvements Including SSL Support
  • Billing Improvements
  • Payment and Batch Payment Improvements
  • Fee Sheet Improvements
  • Patient Flow Board Improvements
  • Calendar Improvements
  • Encounter ImprovementsClaudio Bozzato of Cisco Talos
  • Messaging improvements
  • Patient History Improvements
  • Immunization Module Improvements
  • Dicom Viewer Improvements
  • Procedure Order Form Improvements
  • Referral Form Improvements
  • Prior Auth Form Improvements
  • Newcrop Rx Improvements
  • CDR (Clinical Decision Rules) Engine Improvements
  • CCDA Improvements
  • MedEx Improvements
  • Multisite Module Improvement
  • CouchDB Improvements Including SSL Support
  • Access Control Improvements
  • Cookie and Session Improvements
  • Logging Improvements
  • Docker Improvements
  • ICD10 Code Set Updated
  • Supported in 34 Languages
  • Numerous Bug Fixes
  • Numerous Security Fixes and Security Improvements
  • Numerous Fixes to Ensure Compatible with Most Recent Versions of PHP, MariaDB and MySQL
  • Modernization of Codebase
  • Automated Testing
  • Docker Development Environment Improvements

Many thanks to the following for security reporting:

• Charlie Hosier (NCC Group)
  • Claudio Bozzato (Cisco Talos)
  • Dennis Brinkrolf (RIPS Technologies)
  • Kutlymurat Mambetniyazov (NitroTeam.kz)
  • Will Porter (Lodestone Security)
6 Likes

Amazing :clap: !!! You are a great team and made a great job. OpenEMR its a powerful tool… thanks a lot.

Outstanding! Great job continuing to improve this excellent project!

Awesome news! Keep up the great work! Really eager to check out the new FHIR and SMART on FHIR capabilities.

Thank you!

Can we expect a detailed description of these changes?

It’s worth mentioning that the Administration menu has been reorganised.

Thank you, great work!

I see there are changes in Administration > Globals > Portal and would like to see details about this changes so is there any documentation related to this?

I upgraded to OpenEMR 6.0.0 today. I followed the upgrade instructions. The EMR opens, goes to calendar, searches for patients and gives me patients list from my old database. However, when I try to open a patient’s chart it gives me error message:
" Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\src\FHIR\SMART/…/…/…/_rest_config.php’ (include_path=‘C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor/pear/archive_tar;C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor/pear/console_getopt;C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src;C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor/pear/pear_exception;C:\xampp\php\PEAR’) in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\src\FHIR\SMART\SmartLaunchController.php on line 25 "
Please help!

Most all newer features for portal, I also patched to v5.0.2. So if you used patched up 5.0.2, then you should be aware of changes already. Still scan forums for various details of feature.

Hi @Vik
This all works for me on my xampp dev v6 machine. Same file paths.

Hi Jerry
I removed the line 25 from the file SmartLaunchController.php and now the system is loading the patient’s charts OK. Do you have any idea what is the function of this line in the file code?

No but just because that code is not needed in this scope where the controller is called doesn’t mean it’s not needed in other contexts. So by removing to work here doesn’t mean it won’t break elsewhere.
Still, in the case of this class, the require is not needed as the object is being called with correct path where used and that object is global.

Nice catch, I guess!:slight_smile: Still don’t understand why include path is having issues on your instance and not others. It is windows though so, all bets off!
@adunsulag any thoughts?

Congratulations to the team!

For window user having issue with chart not loading please see this thread:Windows install of 600 can't load patients

I have some kind of bug. When using the dark theme, some text is not readable. You have to kind of select it to read it. For example in Encounters hovering the mouse over previous encounters will show a white description with yellow background which is not readable at all. So, I guess I will stick to the light theme for now, although the dark theme was easy on the eye.

hi @mohamed, feel free to go into detail here Issues · openemr/openemr · GitHub where you’ll see some similar issues with regard to the cool new themes that @tywrenn graciously provided, thank you

I am using 5.0.2. Choosing frame/tab layout option from Administration->Globals->Appearance->Layout is removed in 6.0.0, What I have to do if I want to keep that feature in 6.0.0?. Thanks in advance.

1 Like