Openemr 5.0.1 Installation

I’m getting error during OpenEMR 5.0.1 Setup with MySQL 8.0. Installation is failing on step 3. Please help.

Step 3

Configuring OpenEMR…

Creating user with permissions for database… ERROR when granting privileges to the specified user. unable to execute SQL: 'GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON openemr.* TO openemr@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘Password’ due to: You have an error in your SQL syntax;

Adding Initial User… ERROR. Unable to add initial user group
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘groups (id, name, user) VALUES (1,‘Default’,‘admin’)’ at line 1 (#1064)

error log: unable to execute
INSERT INTO groups(id, name, user) due to : you have an error in your SQL syntax: check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'groups(id,name,user) at line 1

I haven’t heard of anybody testing with 8.0 yet. I’m not certain, but try 5.7 instead and see if the problem goes away.

Yep,

Definitely should use 5.7 and not 8. Here’s the php error message I see with mysql 8 when try to setup:

[Mon May 14 07:20:15.544169 2018] [php7:warn] [pid 24] [client 172.21.0.1:59202] PHP Warning:  mysqli_connect(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [caching_sha2_password] in /
var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/classes/Installer.class.php on line 615, referer: http://localhost:8080/setup.php?site=default

Related to following:

And breaks lots of applications, such as phpmyadmin.

(As an aside: for developers, plan to add a mysql8 container to the openemr docker development environment to see who can get it working :slight_smile: )

-brady

Yes, it’s a MySQL version issue. Thank you.