Open EMR billing Question

I’ve seen all the Demo’s of Open EMR My question is; after creating claim and creating HCFA under fee, under the payment tab where to look for that claim once its gone and if primary insurance send ERA how to attach it with claim for secondary? and do we have an option to submit electronically or paper and where is it. Further, is there any scrubber or rule kind of things checking claims for wrong entries and where is that.
or can we get a live session with some one to learn few things as we already know most of it through videos.

hi @Taimoor_Ahmed, you can use the EDI history to look at past claims and try to print out ERAs for secondary paper claims but it’s probably better to send those electronically (only tertiary claims need to be paper currently)

the view log under the billing manager will show any errors that are picked up

Hi @stephenwaite

Thanks for the explanation; I really appreciate it but can you also count some good clearing houses and put some light on what is X12 partners?

are you using a clearinghouse currently? some of the big ones are availity, change healthcare, https://clearinghouses.org/

Thanks @stephenwaite I just googled the clearing houses and I’m now in communication with them. Your feedback helps me a lot.
Much appreciate your help!!

2 Likes