Another way to see if something weird is happening, is checking out the admin.php page at http://localhost/openemr/admin.php (this page will suggest an upgrade along with link if it notes the patch in version.php is not the same as the patch version in the database; so in your case, it should suggest the upgrade)
I restored Friday’s version and this time, the 126.96.36.199 upgrade installed correctly. It’s nearly instantaneous. Not sure what I did wrong the first time, but I’m leaving myself detailed instructions for the next update.
Thanks for your help.
hi @Wizard353 ,
You’re very welcome and thanks for the followup.