No option to Enable OpenEMR Standard FHIR REST API

Hi,

I’ve installed OpenEMR from google cloud and am trying to get the FHIR API up and running, however when I try to follow the directions here: openemr/FHIR_README.md at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

I don’t see an option to enable the FHIR API under the Prerequisites section
" Prerequisite

Enable the Standard FHIR service (/fhir/ endpoints) in OpenEMR menu: Administration->Globals->Connectors->“Enable OpenEMR Standard FHIR REST API” Enable the Patient Portal FHIR service (/portalfhir/ endpoints) in OpenEMR menu: Administration->Globals->Connectors->“Enable OpenEMR Patient Portal FHIR REST API”

Am I missing something? My goal is to be able to create patients and update them via a FHIR Restful API.

Did you mean you are not able to see the option to enable FHIR Api ?

Hi Yash,

That’s correct, here’s what my 5.0.1 version looks like in the global connectors tab.

@daveboerner did you ever get this fixed? I still can’t find the option to enable the FHIR server.
Not sure if it is to with me installing OpenEMR via XAMPP and not docker/AWS or so

This option is no longer supported in v6.0.0 on. The Provider client has been removed. Use FHIR API and for mostly read only.

right i saw swagger, except for few resources everything is read only. But I am still not able to enable FHIR server (API) in OpenEMR. It only shows how to use it as a client to connect to other FHIR server but not how to behave like a FHIR server. Not sure if it version specific or not there at all.

Your connectors screen should look like this if you are on 6.0/6.1/master release.