New Website - Follow Up Items

bradymiller wrote on Sunday, September 25, 2016:

Site looks nice. Would be nice if folks could get these logo options displayed side by side. In my non-designer eye’s Robert’s does seem more modern.The logo examples on the pdf also seem fuzzy.
-brady

robertdown wrote on Tuesday, September 27, 2016:

Comparison attached.

As for the “fuzzienss” of the logo, yes it is. We are waiting on the actual vector file from the designer at which point we can export any sized image with full quality. Final version will be crisp, regardless of the color.

blankev wrote on Tuesday, September 27, 2016:

In the Comparison,pdf I would vote for A. Although I would go for very dark blue and not for black. Dark blue to show the night, light blue the day. Representing the 24 hour medical profession and the world wide coverage of OpenEMR. The red line and M for the Cardiologist, M for the surgeon, and a good representation of the profession.

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, September 27, 2016:

Thanks for the comparison. For logo A, why are the bordering of the lettering (open and the M) and the swirl more rough appearing than logo B?

-brady

Thanks for the feedback, Pieter!

Because I didn’t have the original logo and was using a PNG file, the editing process was a bit rough. Everything will be identical, smooth, non-blurry and awesome for the final version.

This is color scheme differences only

bradymiller wrote on Monday, October 31, 2016:

Hi,

The OpenEMR website at http://www.open-emr.org has just been updated with Robert’s changes and logo. It looks really nice!
(you may need to refresh the page in your browser to see the changes)

My suggestions for improvement are the following:

1. Flip the main image horizontally (ie. mirror image) so moblie users see a computer on the image and not a old phone/paper/pen :slight_smile:
  2. Add the main image(with that nice slogan/logo) back to the wiki(and 404 page) in the header.html. It’s really nice and prevents the wiki from looking like a obvious wiki (especially the download, features, etc. pages).

Please post any other suggestions for improvement here.

And thank you Robert!

thanks,
-brady
OpenEMR

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, March 14, 2017:

the website looks very nice, thank you Robert.

my suggestions for improvements stem mainly from desire to put OpenEMR v5.0 and it’s 2014 ONC certification front and center, could even reference the press release

could also move the “what is OpenEMR” section up the page along with the 3 graphics ordered 2014 ONC first, then OSI and finally non profit backed

this would move the image of the provider and the look of the application to the bottom of the page

thank you

robertdown wrote on Wednesday, March 15, 2017:

Hi Stephen,

I agree we need to better showcase the ONC cert - plan on making it more prominent once we finish the launch of the new forum (Should be very soon

Hi,
Also should link to the new forum and the chat from the main website (I realize this is obvious, but just wanted to post something on the new forum :slight_smile: )
-brady
OpenEMR

1 Like

sounds great Robert and Brady, thank you for the wonderful improvements!

Our new forum has a nifty @username to tag people, so you could have written …great @robert.down and @brady.miller, thank…

Just type @ and the persons name and you’ll get an overlay :slight_smile:

cool, what’s the software that’s powering our new forum @robert.down?

oh it’s, discourse, i found the tips in the new to our forum message

thank you again @robert.down

new website looks fantanstic, wow @robert.down!

whoops, please see this OpenEMR's website got a facelift this weekend!