New section in left column of Summary Page

ptalerico wrote on Tuesday, January 31, 2017:

I have need for a sort of Misc. section on the patient Summary Page that would allow continuous display of summary information and informal notes.
Currently, I am entering this information in fields and groups I have created in the Demographics layout. However, this information gets included in all Reports containing Demographic information. Is it possible to add a new section above Billing and Demographics in the left column of the Summary Page? It could be just a big textbox or (better yet) a copy of the Demographics section allowing LBF customization, tabs, etc.

visolveemr wrote on Wednesday, February 01, 2017:

Hi Paul,

The New section with user defined fields can only be added in the patient summary page if we do customization in the Openemr coding .

There is no option to enable this customized section in the patient summary page.

But you can add or modify LBF sections and fields using Administration -> Layouts .

Let us know if you have any clarifications.

Visolve

ptalerico wrote on Thursday, February 02, 2017:

If that is the case, I’ll plan to have my developer work on this and share it with the community once completed and tested. I’ll wait a few weeks to start this project in case someone has already done one like it and posts about it here.