New feature to support word processing documents as templates

blankev wrote on Tuesday, March 25, 2014:

That is a good remark! Stupid thinking my side. ;-(

blankev wrote on Tuesday, March 25, 2014:

Rod,

I made some changes, please screen and correct where needed! Now I am stuck with the part on how to download the created Document for a specific encounter and patient. Where can the Document be traced to see it in future reference for that Client? Or is the correct usage: Upload, fill download and upload the the clients Documents?

Would be nice tough to have a view function in OpenEMR and see if all fields are filled with the correct information for that Document.

If there is no information for a field the label could show or is hidden to be decided in the Template creation process.

sunsetsystems wrote on Wednesday, March 26, 2014:

Pieter, thanks for the help. Just one suggestion – you might create a section called something like “Usage Example” and put your example work flow in there, rather than in the Introduction.

At download time you can either save locally and then open it with your word processor, or invoke the word processor initially and then save it from there. The latter might work better if you intend to save as a PDF. Either way you’ll need a locally saved file for the upload step.

Currently if a template field is not recognized it will appear unchanged in the downloaded document. If the field value is empty, then so will the returned value be.

Rod
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

blankev wrote on Wednesday, March 26, 2014:

We might need a different approach: What are the differences between:

1. Popups: Letter
  2. CAMOS
  3. LBV-Forms with NationNotes
  4. Documents Templates

Differences:
History of implementation and acceptance insert time of the new feature.
Learning curve
Bla, bla, bla

Similarities:
Basic information available with the option to include extra free text.
Bla, bli, blub

FSGL, Rod, Brady, are you willing to give a helping hand to develop some kind of comparison matrix for the four options?

IMHO:

It is overkill to use all four options in a production OpenEMR setting.
Just like CAMOS and SOAP should not be used in the same Production setting.

fsgl wrote on Wednesday, March 26, 2014:

Count me in as one of the editors of your upcoming Wiki article.

I made a HIPPAA Declaration from (an Example taken from the Internet) and included also the other information at the end, not usually included in a HIPAA declaration, but I wanted to use all available {Fields}

Since I did get it from the Internet there might be some errors or the form might be incomplete and I hope I did not make any copyright infringements. Feel free to download the file, upload in the working Document Template Demo (I think it is the first one) use it for a Client, correct to make it better where needed and give some feedback on how this or a similar file can be included in the next version with Documents Templates in the near future, and also in the WIKI document Template page.

There is the example till next rest on:

http://demo.open-emr.org:2104/openemr/

Next file will be a request for donation file to support OpenEMR project for Clients

I “test droved” the new module in the 2089 Demo with an abbreviated Withdrawal of Care.odt yesterday and looked at the documents in the 2104 Demo today.

Would suggest that you do a Compare and Constrast of the 4 forms and templates as a separate article and then provide the link in Supplementary.

Will edit when your article has been completed. Please have a table of contents for ease of editing.

Please see this document as an effort. I needed to upload to make some more corrections during my work hours.

Users who favor a logo in their letterhead will welcome the easy insertion of image files.

No .gif? Just joshing.

In every joke there might be included seriousness as origin.

Indeed, Rod’s creation is souped-up.

Time to write the new Wiki article.

Question 1. In the WIKI pages on Document Templates I uploaded two TXT files that are redundant and I want to delete them but I can’t find a solution. How do I delete an uploaded file not used in any WIKI page of OpenEMR?

Question 2. If these two files are accepted without or with the images used, would it be possible to get them included in the SQL part of the Daily Update for most recent Demo version using Documents Templates?

In regards to Question 1, if you go to the Upload file webpage you will see a link for the deletion log. Note that only Brady has been deleting. We can’t delete here in the Forums and I doubt that we can delete files in the Wiki. Must be an administrator privilege.

Over in the MediaWiki Help Section, there is an explanation that deletion of a Wiki page is only in the purview of the administrator.

Don’t have the foggiest idea about the second question.

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, March 27, 2014:

Hi,

Question 1. Don’t worry about it (only admin’s whom are myself and Rod can delete), and a couple small text files are not a big deal. Note that even when I delete something, it will still keep the copy there (it’s just not easy to get to) since the wiki versions everything.

Question 2. It would take too many resources to load the official daily development demo with a demo sql file (it can break whenever new code especially database items are added/modified). This would be more in purview of the “Up For Grabs” demos, which can also be directed to the official master branch. For example, note was able to bring in a sql demo script for the track_anything demo (http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Development_Demo#192.168.1.131). There are only 3 “Up For Grabs” demos, so will likely need more, which I plan to do at some point. In your case, though, your files are not kept within sql database (they are stored in the filesystem), so would not be able to use the current sql loader mechanism in the demos for your example files.

-brady
OpenEMR

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, March 27, 2014:

An option is to consider using the Weekly Development build demo, so at least your demo files will be on there for a week:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Development_Demo#Weekly_Build_Development_Demo

blankev wrote on Thursday, April 03, 2014:

Hello Rod and Brady,

the following text in Document Templates were found to be in need for general translation support:

Upload a Template

No file selected

Fetch

(Mulitple files can be uploaded at one time by selecting them using Ctrl-Click or Shift+Click)

Please teach me where to include the translation characters and which one I should choose if I find things like this in the future.

sunsetsystems wrote on Thursday, April 03, 2014:

Pieter, not sure what you’re asking but start here for translation info:

http://open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Internationalization_Translator_Guide

Rod
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

No I know that one. What I am asking is:

I see there are many parts of your Software Document Templates in Translate coding, but the few mentioned lines do not have a translation code. What code should I give them xl(…) xla(…) xlt(…) xl t(…) or even others not known by me and where should I find the file to include this little part to get International translations in for Document Templates.

If you are good in remembering the steps, you could use the dummy language to find possible more untranslated parts.

I did use the dummy language just a moment ago and found two more to be translated parts:

Browse (in the button)

Document Templates (in the left menu, last choice in your Demo.)

Yes correct, I made even the Administrator change his/her name in Dummy Dummy… ;-))

Me. the Dummy. What file and what code has to be include where for me as future reference…