Need Clarification Calendar Categories and Suggestion

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong with my understanding of Calendar Categories. There are three types, Clinic (which I can’t see how they work outside of acting like the Provider type), Provider, and Patient. Patient is obvious and categorizes the types of appointments. Provider however seems to be subdivided into “system categories” which creates blocks of times (In, Out, Lunch, etc) and “user categories” which act more like the Patient type. Provider “In” is the only category that allows appointments to be created “in place of”/“on top of” the “In” category without changing/editing it. Is there a way (outside of coding because I don’t code) of creating other categories that act like the “In” category? This would allow blocks of times to be created (with a visual for staff) for different types of appointments. Another suggestions would be to have a number next to the Physician’s name at the top of the column that gives the total number of current appointments (not canceled, no shows, reschedules, etc) for that day.

Hi @MFCmanager ,

The In Office Category is hard-coded in the calendar code to act like that. Wouldn’t take too much custom code to support other categories to leverage this. Note this category is also used when calculating available appt slots to choose from.

Total appt is a neat idea that I am guessing wouldn’t be tough to code(and would be a good feature to have in the main codebase). The patient tracker (ie. flow board) could be helpful also in this regard.

-brady