Multiple rehab intakes

We are a behavioral health company that specializes in Drug Addiction. A patient can return to our facility after a period of time and enter the same level of treatment as before, which makes it hard to keep track of in demographics because it is almost a new file. I don’t want a returning client to have a new patient number. So the problem lies in the fact that patient1 can come in on phase 1 on 01/01/2020 and then return to start phase 1 again on 01/01/2022 because of a relapse. Right now I was putting level 1 intake date, level 1 discharge level 2 intake level 2 discharge, then 2nd level 1 intake etc. which is confusing. How can I best handle this?

I don’t know how to track in demographics but you maybe could use follow up encounter to original intake encounter etc.
Then chart to documents your follow up intake form(could create and use template using the portal template engine in Documents).

I think I will use the original intake and then do a report on the encounters to show the different levels and intake and discharge dates.

well using a follow up encounter will help a lot in reporting.